Wednesday - Our Greatest Gifts
The greatest gifts that human beings can both give and receive are simple really..
Love..
..and Friendship.
I absolutely believe in the human capacity for love. And the capacity to love completely in an infinite number of ways.
It is the greatest gift that we can give of ourselves - and certainly it is the greatest thing we can be given.
And friendship is inextricably linked to that.
This morning, I know that I am the luckiest person alive.
To have a completely equal love and friendship with another human being is a rare and precious thing.
Now .... I'm going to be a busy boy today. Having to use a Public Access PC because Mr. HCS is working from home and all his work is PC based. And my interview is later this afternoon. So I have a few things to brush up on and I'm actually quite nervous about it. And I only get like that when I really want something!!!! So perhaps my sub-conscious is telling me something..!!
I didn't run last night - because I went out for dinner with my best friend.
...So HCS and I will run tonight
...think she'll go easy on me...???
...Hmmmmm.
I phoned the children this morning - and they were on good form - It's amazing the things that are important to them - and the things that they think about..
Little Professor was asking whether I had spoken to ... I'll call her Lovely Lady (LL)
I told him that I had, and that LL and I were now good friends - and I could hear the smile in his voice in the rest of the conversation. Can it be that my middle child also understands the importance of love and friendship too...?
Good people - there is a brightness in me and the important things in life are much clearer.
..and that is such a Good Thing.
And now I have to try and calm these ridiculous nerves
Interview in 5 hours...
[wibble]
18:00 edit
I have this REALLY bad habit - and anyone who knows me well will be nodding at this point....
...occasionally I open my mouth....
..... and words come out......
........... in torrents...!!!!
If I'm really lucky, I don't have to put the brakes on, because the thoughts and words are like a single entity and they are completely lucid and coherent.
..and at other times I have to rein it all in a bit because the brain is a couple of micro-seconds behind the mouth and I talk gibberish....!!!!!
Today was a good day for me to be talking...!!!!
My interview was one of those that turned into more of an informal chat than a nervy interview - and I really didn't expect that...
I was a nervous wreck this morning - dry mouthed and completely un-focused - I was dreading it.
Everything about the hour I spent in the lion's den today was good though...
The staff who met me on the unit knew who I was and were really welcoming...
Sat in the Staff Room waiting to be interviewed - four people came in, they all introduced themselves and asked me about me and had little conversations with me..
Everyone was SO friendly...
The language that was being used in the interview was of the "when you are working here then....x...y...z..." ilk - and not "if....."
You know sometimes you go somewhere and it somehow feels "right"
..that was how it felt.!
So - the interview went OK then...
they haven't had my references yet and there were other people being interviewed - So they said they will call me on Friday.....
I will be really disappointed if I don't get this job.... because I know that it is a fantastic opportunity and that I would thrive there...
Now - need to prepare to be run into the ground by HCS by way of 'celebration' for an interview that seems to have gone well...!
22:40 Run edit
Base Trainers - AVERT YOUR EYES
So this was a Tempo session...!!!!!!!!!!
and it went something like this....
Total Distance:- 6.5 miles
Total Time:- 54.50
Average Pace (Yes I know it's irrelevant):- 8:34 min/mile
Efforts went like this
Love..
..and Friendship.
I absolutely believe in the human capacity for love. And the capacity to love completely in an infinite number of ways.
It is the greatest gift that we can give of ourselves - and certainly it is the greatest thing we can be given.
And friendship is inextricably linked to that.
This morning, I know that I am the luckiest person alive.
To have a completely equal love and friendship with another human being is a rare and precious thing.
Now .... I'm going to be a busy boy today. Having to use a Public Access PC because Mr. HCS is working from home and all his work is PC based. And my interview is later this afternoon. So I have a few things to brush up on and I'm actually quite nervous about it. And I only get like that when I really want something!!!! So perhaps my sub-conscious is telling me something..!!
I didn't run last night - because I went out for dinner with my best friend.
...So HCS and I will run tonight
...think she'll go easy on me...???
...Hmmmmm.
I phoned the children this morning - and they were on good form - It's amazing the things that are important to them - and the things that they think about..
Little Professor was asking whether I had spoken to ... I'll call her Lovely Lady (LL)
I told him that I had, and that LL and I were now good friends - and I could hear the smile in his voice in the rest of the conversation. Can it be that my middle child also understands the importance of love and friendship too...?
Good people - there is a brightness in me and the important things in life are much clearer.
..and that is such a Good Thing.
And now I have to try and calm these ridiculous nerves
Interview in 5 hours...
[wibble]
18:00 edit
I have this REALLY bad habit - and anyone who knows me well will be nodding at this point....
...occasionally I open my mouth....
..... and words come out......
........... in torrents...!!!!
If I'm really lucky, I don't have to put the brakes on, because the thoughts and words are like a single entity and they are completely lucid and coherent.
..and at other times I have to rein it all in a bit because the brain is a couple of micro-seconds behind the mouth and I talk gibberish....!!!!!
Today was a good day for me to be talking...!!!!
My interview was one of those that turned into more of an informal chat than a nervy interview - and I really didn't expect that...
I was a nervous wreck this morning - dry mouthed and completely un-focused - I was dreading it.
Everything about the hour I spent in the lion's den today was good though...
The staff who met me on the unit knew who I was and were really welcoming...
Sat in the Staff Room waiting to be interviewed - four people came in, they all introduced themselves and asked me about me and had little conversations with me..
Everyone was SO friendly...
The language that was being used in the interview was of the "when you are working here then....x...y...z..." ilk - and not "if....."
You know sometimes you go somewhere and it somehow feels "right"
..that was how it felt.!
So - the interview went OK then...
they haven't had my references yet and there were other people being interviewed - So they said they will call me on Friday.....
I will be really disappointed if I don't get this job.... because I know that it is a fantastic opportunity and that I would thrive there...
Now - need to prepare to be run into the ground by HCS by way of 'celebration' for an interview that seems to have gone well...!
22:40 Run edit
Base Trainers - AVERT YOUR EYES
So this was a Tempo session...!!!!!!!!!!
and it went something like this....
Total Distance:- 6.5 miles
Total Time:- 54.50
Average Pace (Yes I know it's irrelevant):- 8:34 min/mile
Efforts went like this
Distance (Miles) | 1 | 0.72 | 0.78 | 1 |
Pace | 6:59 | 8:04 | 7:11 | 6:30 |
Second effort was all uphill - can you tell..!!!!!!!
Last one was mostly down !!!!!!!!
Av HR 161 !!!!!!!!!
But MaxHR for the session was 191..!!!!!!!!!!
but only briefly!!!!
I love running up hills - just thought I'd share that with you..!!!!!!


8 Comments:
Leon - Relax, you'll cruise the interview.
Enjoy the run this evening. Do you want HCS's laces tied together to slow her down? ;-)
By
RobW, on 11 May, 2005 13:09
Thanks Robert - interview seemed to go well..
:o)
Now I'm really scared - Li'l Sis has that look in her eye
;o)
By
Leon, on 11 May, 2005 18:46
Oh thats really good news-on all counts
Pleased for you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
By
b-z, on 11 May, 2005 19:14
Thanks Ruth
All in all - it's been a good couple of days
:oD
By
Leon, on 11 May, 2005 19:33
what a great read
so please things are going well
xxx beanz
By
beanz, on 11 May, 2005 20:42
well I am pleased YOU love running up hills
I don't!
By
beanz, on 11 May, 2005 23:05
Weirdo! What sort of sick muppet likes running up hills??? :-D
Glad things are looking up mate and that I am not the only one wavering on BT work!
Pix
By
Evil Pixie, on 12 May, 2005 08:26
Fingers, toes and anything else I can find crossed!
Ah nothing beats a good hill - for making you want to die :)
By
RobW, on 12 May, 2005 13:04
Post a Comment
<< Home