Sunday - Life is a metaphor...... for itself
I know... sounds a bit odd but I'll explain.
Driving back from work this morning and the sun was shining after rain and the countryside had that washed clean brightness that those conditions bring.. The colours were vivid, the air smelled clean, the warmth of the early morning sun seemed to be touching everything around.
It was stunningly beautiful.
As I drove along and the hills came into view, I was awestruck by how magnificent the world appeared in that quiet simplicity.. and my thoughts turned to the one person who I know can see things in that way..
..and in that moment I was truly happy..
..And it made me think about whether it is possible to define a truth..
and I realised that it both is and isn't..
..Because every persons perception of the same thing or situation will be different. That which I perceive as beautiful and which stirs my soul, another will see and go "Yeah.? hills - and...?".
Does that mean that that which I know in my heart to be beautiful, honest and true.. is in fact so..?
Of course it does - and that is the wonder of the human capacity for love..
That made me think more about how we respond to and value our beliefs when others see them very differently. Do we take all that is positive and incorporate it completely into our lives and as such grow and become better people..?
Or do we file it away and stand still..?
Ideally the answer is obvious, but as human beings we have frailties and weaknesses and the path we follow will mostly lie somewhere between those two polar extremes.
I turned a corner in the car so that the sun was behind me and in front were the brooding dark clouds of a heavy shower.
And almost so close that you could touch it was the brightest and smallest rainbow!
Breathtaking.
I saw one almost a week ago in the company of someone who sensed that same beauty in that same moment.. ..and my soul smiled again today.
When you experience beauty, love, life in such a way that everything makes sense and existence is complete... nothing can ever take that away from you - no matter what.
And for that I am truly happy.
And now - with all that stuff having coursed though my tiny mind over the last couple of hours, practicalities.... I have to sleep - Mum still isn't eating and is rather weak - and Little Professor needs his Dad to be on form for his party later on this afternoon. And I will get up early enough to run for 40 minutes or so..!!
13:30
Ahh - the vagaries of the human mind...!!
Went to bed - mind still full of 'stuff'
Then found myself plunged into that place of total sadness, loss, darkness and emptiness... and I could not stop myself from crying
Physically I felt sick and I was sweating and tachycardic...
So I got up and went for a 'run till it hurts' run... to try and bring some order to my befuddled brain.
It went like this..
OK - so 181 is 87%MHR and the 174 average is 84%MHR
So not good base Training
But I haven't hurt myself either...
But my legs feel like they've done some work, and and am a bit tired - I hope for sleep now- -after the icy bath
...or I'll not be running tomorrow...!!!
21:45 Late Edit
Icy bath has done the trick - legs feel Super-Good..!!
And I had a couple of well timed conversations which helped with the Head-Clearing-Relaxation thing.... Thanks guys for that..!!!!
I didn't get any sleep though - and Little Professors birthday Party was TOTALLY MANIC - You've never seen anything like it... I couldn't even count how many rocket-fuelled kiddiwinks were there...
*-Phew-*
And we have a busy patient to deal with tonight... So long breaks won't be an option.
...Best pace myself then.. eh..!
Driving back from work this morning and the sun was shining after rain and the countryside had that washed clean brightness that those conditions bring.. The colours were vivid, the air smelled clean, the warmth of the early morning sun seemed to be touching everything around.
It was stunningly beautiful.
As I drove along and the hills came into view, I was awestruck by how magnificent the world appeared in that quiet simplicity.. and my thoughts turned to the one person who I know can see things in that way..
..and in that moment I was truly happy..
..And it made me think about whether it is possible to define a truth..
and I realised that it both is and isn't..
..Because every persons perception of the same thing or situation will be different. That which I perceive as beautiful and which stirs my soul, another will see and go "Yeah.? hills - and...?".
Does that mean that that which I know in my heart to be beautiful, honest and true.. is in fact so..?
Of course it does - and that is the wonder of the human capacity for love..
That made me think more about how we respond to and value our beliefs when others see them very differently. Do we take all that is positive and incorporate it completely into our lives and as such grow and become better people..?
Or do we file it away and stand still..?
Ideally the answer is obvious, but as human beings we have frailties and weaknesses and the path we follow will mostly lie somewhere between those two polar extremes.
I turned a corner in the car so that the sun was behind me and in front were the brooding dark clouds of a heavy shower.
And almost so close that you could touch it was the brightest and smallest rainbow!
Breathtaking.
I saw one almost a week ago in the company of someone who sensed that same beauty in that same moment.. ..and my soul smiled again today.
When you experience beauty, love, life in such a way that everything makes sense and existence is complete... nothing can ever take that away from you - no matter what.
And for that I am truly happy.
And now - with all that stuff having coursed though my tiny mind over the last couple of hours, practicalities.... I have to sleep - Mum still isn't eating and is rather weak - and Little Professor needs his Dad to be on form for his party later on this afternoon. And I will get up early enough to run for 40 minutes or so..!!
13:30
Ahh - the vagaries of the human mind...!!
Went to bed - mind still full of 'stuff'
Then found myself plunged into that place of total sadness, loss, darkness and emptiness... and I could not stop myself from crying
Physically I felt sick and I was sweating and tachycardic...
So I got up and went for a 'run till it hurts' run... to try and bring some order to my befuddled brain.
It went like this..
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | .2 | Run |
| Pace | 7:15 | 7:15 | 8:01 | 7:53 | 7:52 | 7:47 | 7:19 | 8:14 | 7:39 |
| AvHR | 168 | 169 | 174 | 174 | 179 | 181 | 174 | 172 | 174 |
OK - so 181 is 87%MHR and the 174 average is 84%MHR
So not good base Training
But I haven't hurt myself either...
But my legs feel like they've done some work, and and am a bit tired - I hope for sleep now- -after the icy bath
...or I'll not be running tomorrow...!!!
21:45 Late Edit
Icy bath has done the trick - legs feel Super-Good..!!
And I had a couple of well timed conversations which helped with the Head-Clearing-Relaxation thing.... Thanks guys for that..!!!!
I didn't get any sleep though - and Little Professors birthday Party was TOTALLY MANIC - You've never seen anything like it... I couldn't even count how many rocket-fuelled kiddiwinks were there...
*-Phew-*
And we have a busy patient to deal with tonight... So long breaks won't be an option.
...Best pace myself then.. eh..!


6 Comments:
Hi
Those heart stopping moments are what keep us going sometimes - and the thunderclouds care not for ever.
great run!
xxx beanz
By
beanz, on 08 May, 2005 17:31
care = are
By
beanz, on 08 May, 2005 17:32
well done on the icy bath
was it real ice or just very cold?
(sssh you can whisper if it was not real ice, so robert doesn't hear)
xx
By
beanz, on 08 May, 2005 22:06
[whispers]
..just very cold - no ice in the house..
[Loud Stage Voice]
Of Course It Was Icy - None Of This "Just Cold Water For Me" Malarkey..!!!
:-D
By
Leon, on 08 May, 2005 22:11
Just popping in to leave hugs
By
b-z, on 09 May, 2005 07:18
Thanks Ruth
It is brighter this morning..!!
I was incredibly tired yesterday - things always seem bigger and scarier when you are tired..!!
But moving forward is the way......
:o)
By
Leon, on 09 May, 2005 07:33
Post a Comment
<< Home