Friday - Sun and Job Opportunities
Driving to Manchester this morning was lovely - the sun was out and the countryside was spectacular.
I arrived early for my 'informal visit' and straight away I got a Good Feeling about the place.
The staff were friendly - most faces were relaxed - there was a calm about the place that was reassuring.
And better than that - the job that is on offer is at the same grade as I work at now and is almost entirely clinical - that means *doing* the job - which is where I want to go in my current career progression. Application form is winging it's way as we speak - so that'll be filled in and returned early next week..!!!!!
When I got back to the house - another amazing surprise.
I checked my e-mail and found an unexpected message from someone I've never met - but who showed me that people are incredible in their compassion. It was indescribable. Thank you.
I was also able to share the positive thoughts that I had about the visit this morning with a good friend.
Paths becoming clearer - plans starting to be realised...?????
We'll see.
Running later - If I'm still alive I'll tell you about it!!!!!!
Later
Nice little run with HCS (Hyper-Competitive-Sibling for anyone who doesn't know)
6.2 Miles
Exactly 8:00 min/mile pace
AvHR 159 (77% MHR)
This was nice - the sun was out there - was a bit of a breeze - and it was undulating, just the way I like it!!!
And I couldn't have gone further (physically I could, but the knees told me enough was enough)
So back to the little 3-4 mile efforts for me and build it up slowly
Please Please Please Please Please Please
Make sure I don't overdo it Guys
Shout if you must - but I really don't need over-exuberance to take me over again..!!!!!!!!!!!
I arrived early for my 'informal visit' and straight away I got a Good Feeling about the place.
The staff were friendly - most faces were relaxed - there was a calm about the place that was reassuring.
And better than that - the job that is on offer is at the same grade as I work at now and is almost entirely clinical - that means *doing* the job - which is where I want to go in my current career progression. Application form is winging it's way as we speak - so that'll be filled in and returned early next week..!!!!!
When I got back to the house - another amazing surprise.
I checked my e-mail and found an unexpected message from someone I've never met - but who showed me that people are incredible in their compassion. It was indescribable. Thank you.
I was also able to share the positive thoughts that I had about the visit this morning with a good friend.
Paths becoming clearer - plans starting to be realised...?????
We'll see.
Running later - If I'm still alive I'll tell you about it!!!!!!
Later
Nice little run with HCS (Hyper-Competitive-Sibling for anyone who doesn't know)
6.2 Miles
Exactly 8:00 min/mile pace
AvHR 159 (77% MHR)
This was nice - the sun was out there - was a bit of a breeze - and it was undulating, just the way I like it!!!
And I couldn't have gone further (physically I could, but the knees told me enough was enough)
So back to the little 3-4 mile efforts for me and build it up slowly
Please Please Please Please Please Please
Make sure I don't overdo it Guys
Shout if you must - but I really don't need over-exuberance to take me over again..!!!!!!!!!!!


8 Comments:
good to see som elight at the end of the tunnel
xxx beanz
By
beanz, on 29 April, 2005 15:00
And since I spoke to you I found out I have an interview at Liverpool
:-D
Plans......
:o)
By
Leon, on 29 April, 2005 15:40
:>)))
By
beanz, on 29 April, 2005 16:08
Good stuff leon
Hope you get the job you deserve--a nice supportive one
By
b-z, on 29 April, 2005 19:10
Problem now Ruth is this-
Which job..?
There are 2 (so far) which woould be great for very different reasons
(not that I've actually got any of them yet...!!)
By
Leon, on 29 April, 2005 22:10
Leon - Let me introduce you to Giovanni { Rob points to a broad gentleman with a mediterranean appearance and a bulge under his left armpit } If you don't show your knee some respect he will show you no respect. He can make the ice baths very icey.
On a serious note great news about the job front. Hope you get a job offer from one. Fingers crossed.
By
RobW, on 30 April, 2005 08:17
Ok so postthe gory job details on here--and we an give you our esteemed opinions
Im a real expert in picking jobs me
By
b-z, on 30 April, 2005 08:22
{snigger} Nice one rob!
By
Evil Pixie, on 01 May, 2005 22:29
Post a Comment
<< Home