"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Saturday - Hmmm

So - Mum really isn't very well.
She has been in bed now for the best part of four days..
She got up briefly for a few minutes today and some of her friends are popping in to make sure that she's at least taking fluid.
It's the 'life is far too much like hard work' look in her eyes that is most concerning..
These episodes are becoming more frequent - although this time of year is always difficult. It's the anniversary of her Mother's death - and Mum spent almost a year caring for Nan in the latter stages of pancreatic cancer. It completely emptied her emotionally and many of the difficulties she now has, I think, are due in part to the effect that time had on her.
She is also her own worst enemy - always 'doing' for others and never looking after herself or seeing the need for or accepting support.
My being there is another stressor that she doesn't need either... I have my own heart and spirit to mend... and she can't do anything that will make any difference at the moment... I need to give it space and I need to give it time...
It's my weekend with the children next week which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma.. staying at Mum's won't be an option... she would find it far too much, so a trip to see Li'l Sis and her family is the most logical thing to do - despite the distance.
And so my ridiculous life of work, driving, no rest and occasionally remebering to eat continues.

Little Prof is having his 8th Birthday Party tomorrow - and I am going to get there no matter what. I'm in the middle of a set of nights, but he would be heart-broken if I wasn't there - so no question what I'll be doing then.. eh..?
His actual birthday is on Monday - so I'll go down and see him after school that day too - that's when he's expecting me!!

I've an interview on Wednesday - Night Shift Thursday and travelling to the North on Friday..!!
But hopefully that will mark the end of this 3 week period of completely manic speedy stupidity and things will start to calm down next week...

Now all I need is for one of my colleagues to pull out a proverbial finger and produce the roster which was due out a fortnight ago, so that I (and everyone else too..!) can try and plan the next month of my existence.

...AND .... no time to run - that wasn't good - I could have done with that today..!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home