Friday - Some progress
Made such a mess on my Manchester application form that I had to pop and get another one.!!!
I was going to take it back to Wales with me and send it, but I thought - 'I have everything I need and there isn't a closing date for it - so the sooner it's in the better..!!!!'
So this mornings frivolity was the finishing of a CV and another "Supporting Evidence" document.. and filling in El Form.
The hospital is just 20 minutes drive from Li'l Sis's place - so a hand-delivery to the somewhat bemused HR person followed....
So there it is - 2 down and 1 pending..! Li'l Sis was even looking at houses on t'internet thingy for me, just to see what the feasability of a move to this area might be *if* I get/decide on the Manchester job.
Problem now is that I'm on Nights tonight and I'll have to leave shortly, and I've had no sleep
:o(
Still - I expect that work is still mind-numbingly quiet.
22:50
Yep - mind is now officially numb..!!!!!
Still - I got here without feeling too tired and the traffic wasn't all that bad really.
..And we should all have decent breaks tonight.
I had kind of hoped that I would find enough time somewhere in the day to get a short run in, but there is only SO much one can fit in..!!!!
I spoke to a good friend of mine tonight to get some - things to think about and prepare for interview - type stuff.
It was good to get some level-headed perspective from someone who knows me well and knows where I would thrive best. And she is very good at stopping me from doing my "I'm not good enough for this" thing....
".....Stop being so Bl**dy negative you - They need you, not the other way around..."
Some might call it being given a good kick...!!!!!!!!!
She's very direct..!!
:-D
I was going to take it back to Wales with me and send it, but I thought - 'I have everything I need and there isn't a closing date for it - so the sooner it's in the better..!!!!'
So this mornings frivolity was the finishing of a CV and another "Supporting Evidence" document.. and filling in El Form.
The hospital is just 20 minutes drive from Li'l Sis's place - so a hand-delivery to the somewhat bemused HR person followed....
So there it is - 2 down and 1 pending..! Li'l Sis was even looking at houses on t'internet thingy for me, just to see what the feasability of a move to this area might be *if* I get/decide on the Manchester job.
Problem now is that I'm on Nights tonight and I'll have to leave shortly, and I've had no sleep
:o(
Still - I expect that work is still mind-numbingly quiet.
22:50
Yep - mind is now officially numb..!!!!!
Still - I got here without feeling too tired and the traffic wasn't all that bad really.
..And we should all have decent breaks tonight.
I had kind of hoped that I would find enough time somewhere in the day to get a short run in, but there is only SO much one can fit in..!!!!
I spoke to a good friend of mine tonight to get some - things to think about and prepare for interview - type stuff.
It was good to get some level-headed perspective from someone who knows me well and knows where I would thrive best. And she is very good at stopping me from doing my "I'm not good enough for this" thing....
".....Stop being so Bl**dy negative you - They need you, not the other way around..."
Some might call it being given a good kick...!!!!!!!!!
She's very direct..!!
:-D


3 Comments:
good luck with the applications
xx
By
beanz, on 06 May, 2005 14:40
Thanks Beanz
:-D
xxx
By
Leon, on 06 May, 2005 14:42
No prizes for guessing which house Li'l Sis wants you to get.
Just think of all those lovely hilly, fast runs she can take you on
{RobW leaves with an evil cackle}
By
RobW, on 06 May, 2005 15:32
Post a Comment
<< Home