Thursday - New dilemmas
It would appear that Birmingham have post coming up that would really suit me. A 'Clinical Skills Facilitator' - at my current grade.
So I now have to sit down and have a good think about all the pro's and con's of three different roles in 3 different places, all of which are attractive propositions.
The issues are: which job would I like the best - and which will suit the factors I need to take into account?
Liverpool - Busy - Lots of Cardiac - clinical - very near my closest friend - spitting ditance from L'il Sis - Long way from kiddie Winks but not unmanageable - not much Retrieval - specialist teams for extended roles..
Manchester - Busy - Everything but Cardiac and Liver - Clinical - current grade - lots of retrieval - close to L'il Sis - spitting distance from closest friend - Long way from kiddie Winks but not unmanageable ..
Birmingham - Busy - Cardiac - plus pretty much everything else - Clinical and education with a great promotion opportunity around the corner - current grade - Closer to Kiddie Winks - Further away from L'il Sis and best friend - some family are closer - some friends are closer..
Need to think this one through..!!!!
And am about to go running
El Run
5 miles
43:17
8:32 min/mile
Very windy
Very wet
Very hilly
Multi Terrain (Road, green lane, muddy field, cowpats, road)
With L'il Sis and her club.
Enjoyed this tonight - legs felt good, a bit tired now - knees both had no problems
Bum strengthening seems to be working..!!!!
I should sleep OK tonight !!!!!!
:o)))
So I now have to sit down and have a good think about all the pro's and con's of three different roles in 3 different places, all of which are attractive propositions.
The issues are: which job would I like the best - and which will suit the factors I need to take into account?
Liverpool - Busy - Lots of Cardiac - clinical - very near my closest friend - spitting ditance from L'il Sis - Long way from kiddie Winks but not unmanageable - not much Retrieval - specialist teams for extended roles..
Manchester - Busy - Everything but Cardiac and Liver - Clinical - current grade - lots of retrieval - close to L'il Sis - spitting distance from closest friend - Long way from kiddie Winks but not unmanageable ..
Birmingham - Busy - Cardiac - plus pretty much everything else - Clinical and education with a great promotion opportunity around the corner - current grade - Closer to Kiddie Winks - Further away from L'il Sis and best friend - some family are closer - some friends are closer..
Need to think this one through..!!!!
And am about to go running
El Run
5 miles
43:17
8:32 min/mile
Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Run |
Pace | 8:45 | 9:29 | 7:59 | 8:07 | 8:30 | 8:32 |
Very windy
Very wet
Very hilly
Multi Terrain (Road, green lane, muddy field, cowpats, road)
With L'il Sis and her club.
Enjoyed this tonight - legs felt good, a bit tired now - knees both had no problems
Bum strengthening seems to be working..!!!!
I should sleep OK tonight !!!!!!
:o)))


7 Comments:
running is always good for thinking
depends what is more important, being close to sis and friends for support purposes or being closer to kids with support not that far away either
think long and hard 'cos as you said yourself. You only have one life so live it don't just exist!
Hugs
Pixie
By
Evil Pixie, on 05 May, 2005 19:06
You're exactly right Pix - that's why I need someone who can see it objectively to bounce ideas off..!
And I don't have to rush into a decision just yet either...
It's not one I want to make a mistake over either
:o)
By
Leon, on 05 May, 2005 20:23
great running!
and a great start to the new training season!
plenty of food for thought - and a good starting analysis on the jobs front
By
beanz, on 05 May, 2005 22:46
{looks at figures for run with green eyes}
Nice run!
By
Evil Pixie, on 06 May, 2005 08:14
It was a good run :o)
Didn't work as a head clearer though - too many people, and no idea where we were going meant that I was 'occupied'...!!!
But there was a lovely hill just before the end to have a real blast up - and that felt great!!!!!
By
Leon, on 06 May, 2005 14:09
methinks family and friends more important than job
If youm get too immersed in the job-you wont be able to do your music
By
b-z, on 09 May, 2005 07:22
That's true Ruth - that's why I need to consider all the factors before I make a decision. But it's also important to enjoy work if possible.
In the main I love what I do - but the environment needs to be right, and at the moment it is SO wrong...!!
By
Leon, on 09 May, 2005 07:28
Post a Comment
<< Home