Wednesday - What a Day..!!!! - Glad that's over
You know how occasionally you have a day that seems to start off mostly OK and you just know it's going to get worse...?
Well this was one of those days..
I slept poorly - unusual for me, so I was tired before I started!!! The journey to work is long at the moment and so I have to add 3 hours in the car to a 12½ hour day, and it gets a bit much after a few days..!!!
And work was quiet....... which is even worse - two little people who didn't need us and who were on their way before lunch...
.....nothing to do...... [YAWN]...
and then - a 2222 A&E Resus
I took one look at the patient - and knowing her history and the way she looked it was clear that it was only a matter of time before she would arrest on us - and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it..
Worst thing was that she was awake at the start - hypoxically irritable - but awake.
This was one of the most unpleasant and upsetting deaths I have experienced.. and I knew from the outset that this would be the outcome.
My job is the worst sometimes - and I hate it.
Another family that has been torn to pieces... it never gets any easier... it gets so much harder.
Then I spoke to my sister - and got an email from a friend who I'll go and stay with in a couple of weeks - and the day brightened up...
Tomorrow is bound to be better than today was... and I will make sure it is.
I haven't run all week which is not good - but I will tomorrow and I will be making huge efforts to put in the training that I'm going to need to do to make this 3:15 goal of mine next FLM!!
Be VERY sure that it WILL happen...
[Focused Leon just arrived...!]
Well this was one of those days..
I slept poorly - unusual for me, so I was tired before I started!!! The journey to work is long at the moment and so I have to add 3 hours in the car to a 12½ hour day, and it gets a bit much after a few days..!!!
And work was quiet....... which is even worse - two little people who didn't need us and who were on their way before lunch...
.....nothing to do...... [YAWN]...
and then - a 2222 A&E Resus
I took one look at the patient - and knowing her history and the way she looked it was clear that it was only a matter of time before she would arrest on us - and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it..
Worst thing was that she was awake at the start - hypoxically irritable - but awake.
This was one of the most unpleasant and upsetting deaths I have experienced.. and I knew from the outset that this would be the outcome.
My job is the worst sometimes - and I hate it.
Another family that has been torn to pieces... it never gets any easier... it gets so much harder.
Then I spoke to my sister - and got an email from a friend who I'll go and stay with in a couple of weeks - and the day brightened up...
Tomorrow is bound to be better than today was... and I will make sure it is.
I haven't run all week which is not good - but I will tomorrow and I will be making huge efforts to put in the training that I'm going to need to do to make this 3:15 goal of mine next FLM!!
Be VERY sure that it WILL happen...
[Focused Leon just arrived...!]


4 Comments:
sorry you had a rough day
as for running, just don't go mad because you haven't run for a few days
xxx beanz
By
beanz, on 04 May, 2005 22:43
Mad......... Moi..????!!!
Never
By
Leon, on 04 May, 2005 22:49
Focussed?
No leave it
Go with the flow for a bit
you need to
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
By
b-z, on 04 May, 2005 23:21
yes you leon you and madness and running - go together quiet nicely!
Now behave (ignores the fact that she was naughty yesterday!)
By
Evil Pixie, on 05 May, 2005 08:13
Post a Comment
<< Home