Sunday - now that was a long 4 days!!!
Thursday
The whole reason for staying with L'il Sis was that I would get a decent sleep before driving to work. Now normally I sleep the sleep of the dead when I'm on nights..
So at 10:00 I lay down sleepily for my customary slumber, and
*PING* eyes wide open...
sleep was nowhere to be found...
and then the worry sets in - "I need to sleep.. now I'm worried.. I'll be really tired.. It's a long drive......." and so on.
So I went from being relaxed and awake to this "head-full-of-things-I-shouldn't-be-thinking-about" maniac.... and I didn't sleep!!!....
And there was a nasty accident on the Motorway which delayed me. Although I had left at 3pm to make sure I wouldn't be late in case of traffic shenanigans
Arrived at work all shot to pieces - I mean.....
I was SO tired.
And only one patient - breathing unassisted and due for discharge to the ward in the morning ..not the best for engaging brain *YAWN*
A 3½ hour break brought me to....
Friday
I have to pick the Kids up at 12:00 so what to do between the end of work and then...????
Hmmmmmmm....
I know - I'll go to the Discount shop in Swansea and see if I can pick up L'il Sis some new DS Trainers- that'll waste a bit of time!!!!!!
Did that....
They didn't have any.....
So I drove up to the house so I could sleep in the car without Mr Plod knocking on the window and moving me on like the vagrant I now looked..
I was just dozing off when soon-to-be-ex-Mrs-Me arrived with Princess (she needed something for work).
So we had a bit of a chat before she left to go back to work with Princess in tow..
By this time 'twas only 10 minutes before I had to pick up the boys .......
I'd had the foresight to purchase a couple of cans of Red Bull for the upcoming journey back to the North..
So - picked up kiddiewinks and set off - should have known that the journey would have been a nightmare - setting off from Wales at 1pm - You'll never guess where the traffic started......!!!!!!
5½ hours that journey took - 5½ hours
OMG It was hell.
To be fair, the children were incredibly well behaved...
I was so proud of them
Needless to say - kids went to bed without a fight and so did I!!!!!!!!
I have a slight concern about something which is happening to me on a really regular basis when I sleep (which I'm not doing very well at the moment).....
I wake early - always at the moment - and I am overheated - absolutely drenched. I'm not having any bad dreams or any such thing - I just wake up feeling like I'm in a sauna. Heating is off and window is open, so it's not the environment - and bed clothes are on the floor.
I'm generally a 'warm' sleeper anyway, but this is really extreme - and then throughout the day I feel like I have an almost indiscernible tremor in my muscles (most notably my legs) associated with a perception of weakness - although I don't think I have actually lost any power in them...
Anyway..
Saturday
Woke at 5am...
Feeling all hot and bothered..
lay and dozed 'til just before 6 Texted my bestest friend who was leaving early that morning for a day out... and we had a chat, which was a great way to start the day..!
It was the most stunningly beautiful day - sun was out - pin clear views across to the hills - it was outstanding.
And in the afternoon - a HUGE breakthrough
Little Professor learned to ride a bike unassisted
YES
I was so proud of him - I took pictures on my camera phone and sent them to the people who I knew would celebrate this achievement most....
And then texted them too......
So for anyone whose day I saturated with my gushing........ errrrr..... Sorry..!!!
Sunday
The kids played really nicely this morning and Prof was out practicing his riding some more.!!!! He applies himself with absolute commitment when he sets his mind to something - anyone who's met him will tell you that it's true!!
And the journey back to Wales was 3 hours 20mins (245 miles!!)
Just before we left - I had a phone call from my nearly-ex.
She was really upset - beside herself.
It turns out that the plumber who did some work for us had been really unpleasant to her about a bill for which we are Still waiting for an invoice - and he threatened her with the local debt-collecting company.
Cowardly fcuking arse didn't have the balls to call ME..
So I called him...
explained the situation to him.. :o)
He's backed off a bit at he moment
No matter what the situation is - cowardly bully-boy tactics can never be justified in my opinion.
Anyway - kiddiewinks safely returned and I helped with the Getting-Them-To-Bed thing.
And am now back at the Mum campsite.
Other stuff:- Mum is still really unwell - and sounds like she will be voluntarily admitted to the local hospital tomorrow
Haven't heard about the Liverpool job yet - and I'm getting nervous about it now...
The whole reason for staying with L'il Sis was that I would get a decent sleep before driving to work. Now normally I sleep the sleep of the dead when I'm on nights..
So at 10:00 I lay down sleepily for my customary slumber, and
*PING* eyes wide open...
sleep was nowhere to be found...
and then the worry sets in - "I need to sleep.. now I'm worried.. I'll be really tired.. It's a long drive......." and so on.
So I went from being relaxed and awake to this "head-full-of-things-I-shouldn't-be-thinking-about" maniac.... and I didn't sleep!!!....
And there was a nasty accident on the Motorway which delayed me. Although I had left at 3pm to make sure I wouldn't be late in case of traffic shenanigans
Arrived at work all shot to pieces - I mean.....
I was SO tired.
And only one patient - breathing unassisted and due for discharge to the ward in the morning ..not the best for engaging brain *YAWN*
A 3½ hour break brought me to....
Friday
I have to pick the Kids up at 12:00 so what to do between the end of work and then...????
Hmmmmmmm....
I know - I'll go to the Discount shop in Swansea and see if I can pick up L'il Sis some new DS Trainers- that'll waste a bit of time!!!!!!
Did that....
They didn't have any.....
So I drove up to the house so I could sleep in the car without Mr Plod knocking on the window and moving me on like the vagrant I now looked..
I was just dozing off when soon-to-be-ex-Mrs-Me arrived with Princess (she needed something for work).
So we had a bit of a chat before she left to go back to work with Princess in tow..
By this time 'twas only 10 minutes before I had to pick up the boys .......
I'd had the foresight to purchase a couple of cans of Red Bull for the upcoming journey back to the North..
So - picked up kiddiewinks and set off - should have known that the journey would have been a nightmare - setting off from Wales at 1pm - You'll never guess where the traffic started......!!!!!!
5½ hours that journey took - 5½ hours
OMG It was hell.
To be fair, the children were incredibly well behaved...
I was so proud of them
Needless to say - kids went to bed without a fight and so did I!!!!!!!!
I have a slight concern about something which is happening to me on a really regular basis when I sleep (which I'm not doing very well at the moment).....
I wake early - always at the moment - and I am overheated - absolutely drenched. I'm not having any bad dreams or any such thing - I just wake up feeling like I'm in a sauna. Heating is off and window is open, so it's not the environment - and bed clothes are on the floor.
I'm generally a 'warm' sleeper anyway, but this is really extreme - and then throughout the day I feel like I have an almost indiscernible tremor in my muscles (most notably my legs) associated with a perception of weakness - although I don't think I have actually lost any power in them...
Anyway..
Saturday
Woke at 5am...
Feeling all hot and bothered..
lay and dozed 'til just before 6 Texted my bestest friend who was leaving early that morning for a day out... and we had a chat, which was a great way to start the day..!
It was the most stunningly beautiful day - sun was out - pin clear views across to the hills - it was outstanding.
And in the afternoon - a HUGE breakthrough
Little Professor learned to ride a bike unassisted
YES
I was so proud of him - I took pictures on my camera phone and sent them to the people who I knew would celebrate this achievement most....
And then texted them too......
So for anyone whose day I saturated with my gushing........ errrrr..... Sorry..!!!
Sunday
The kids played really nicely this morning and Prof was out practicing his riding some more.!!!! He applies himself with absolute commitment when he sets his mind to something - anyone who's met him will tell you that it's true!!
And the journey back to Wales was 3 hours 20mins (245 miles!!)
Just before we left - I had a phone call from my nearly-ex.
She was really upset - beside herself.
It turns out that the plumber who did some work for us had been really unpleasant to her about a bill for which we are Still waiting for an invoice - and he threatened her with the local debt-collecting company.
Cowardly fcuking arse didn't have the balls to call ME..
So I called him...
explained the situation to him.. :o)
He's backed off a bit at he moment
No matter what the situation is - cowardly bully-boy tactics can never be justified in my opinion.
Anyway - kiddiewinks safely returned and I helped with the Getting-Them-To-Bed thing.
And am now back at the Mum campsite.
Other stuff:- Mum is still really unwell - and sounds like she will be voluntarily admitted to the local hospital tomorrow
Haven't heard about the Liverpool job yet - and I'm getting nervous about it now...


2 Comments:
aagh - what a weekend
sorry your Mum is not improving
could the waking up thing be a manifestation of stress?
hold on the highs - well done Prof!
xxx beanz
By
beanz, on 16 May, 2005 06:31
Please leon--go easy-you will fall apart otherwise, and you cant afford to do that now
Hope your mum is beter soon
Glad to hear your kids are well and happy though
By
b-z, on 16 May, 2005 07:18
Post a Comment
<< Home