Monday - THE 'Phone Call
.....the phone call that I have been waiting for came today ....
.....I Got The Alder Hey Job.....
.....and you Guys already know how much I wanted it.
A well timed question from the person who knows me best and is my closest friend, then made me take a step back and consider what my motivation was for wanting this position over all of the others.
And it was actually very simple..
When I was introduced to the concept of working there - it was almost like a full-circle thing.. I wanted to do my ENB 415 there some 6 years ago - but circumstances meant that I went to London instead..
Sometimes when you enter a place you just get a 'feel' for whether or not it will suit you and you will suit it.. and it felt right from the outset.. Having worked in a post for the last couple of years that never quite sat well with me, I was not going to do that to myself again - I would only make the move if it was the right thing to do.
That is why I have travelled around so much and compared three different places and spent days dissecting the pro's and con's of all of the positions: where they are; what they offer; what I can offer; the specialities that are specific to each place; the structure of the work; and the working practices..... and many many more issues.
And I kept on coming back to this one....
because I know, as much as you can from a brief glimpse and window into a world, that I will flourish there, and they will get the best from me.
And so in about a month I'm going to be moving forward in this adventure that is my life.... actually, I guess that the moving is already happening... and I fell really calm and quiet about it now - which for me is a Really Good Thing..!
21:30 - And I went running too.....!
What:- 7.4 Miles
Time:- 61:38
Pace:- 8:19
AvHR:-164 (79%MHR)
This was a nice gentle run with a few hilly bits - a bit of light rain to keep me cool. And no niggles to be felt anywhere.
Quiet enjoyed that...!!
.....I Got The Alder Hey Job.....
.....and you Guys already know how much I wanted it.
A well timed question from the person who knows me best and is my closest friend, then made me take a step back and consider what my motivation was for wanting this position over all of the others.
And it was actually very simple..
When I was introduced to the concept of working there - it was almost like a full-circle thing.. I wanted to do my ENB 415 there some 6 years ago - but circumstances meant that I went to London instead..
Sometimes when you enter a place you just get a 'feel' for whether or not it will suit you and you will suit it.. and it felt right from the outset.. Having worked in a post for the last couple of years that never quite sat well with me, I was not going to do that to myself again - I would only make the move if it was the right thing to do.
That is why I have travelled around so much and compared three different places and spent days dissecting the pro's and con's of all of the positions: where they are; what they offer; what I can offer; the specialities that are specific to each place; the structure of the work; and the working practices..... and many many more issues.
And I kept on coming back to this one....
because I know, as much as you can from a brief glimpse and window into a world, that I will flourish there, and they will get the best from me.
And so in about a month I'm going to be moving forward in this adventure that is my life.... actually, I guess that the moving is already happening... and I fell really calm and quiet about it now - which for me is a Really Good Thing..!
21:30 - And I went running too.....!
What:- 7.4 Miles
Time:- 61:38
Pace:- 8:19
AvHR:-164 (79%MHR)
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 0.4 | Run |
| Pace | 8:36 | 8:31 | 8:33 | 8:23 | 8:36 | 8:14 | 7:54 | 8:21 | 8:19 |
| AvHR | 157 | 161 | 165 | 167 | 165 | 167 | 162 | 171 | 164 |
This was a nice gentle run with a few hilly bits - a bit of light rain to keep me cool. And no niggles to be felt anywhere.
Quiet enjoyed that...!!


6 Comments:
Well done that man!
{{hugs}}
By
Evil Pixie, on 16 May, 2005 17:09
ah
a "work home"
yes they are worth hanging on to
many of my jobs have had an odd symmetry
By
b-z, on 16 May, 2005 19:52
Congratulations on getting THE job.
I agree with your reasoning or not-reasoning for that matter, but feeling. Ultimately, with most decisions in life: trust your gut.
'.. and it felt right from the outset', 'because I know...that I will flourish there': you have done the right thing.
Enjoy
By
Anonymous, on 16 May, 2005 20:33
Well done that man.
{RobW gives Leon a heart handshake and big slap in the back}
By
RobW, on 16 May, 2005 21:36
good to have good news
xx beanz
By
beanz, on 16 May, 2005 21:44
Thanks you Guys
Today has been a Good Day...
Even got out running...!
...Steady boy....!
;o)
By
Leon, on 16 May, 2005 22:03
Post a Comment
<< Home