Long One
I'm officially in cr*p condition!
Planned 17 miler today (which I ran too late in the day - but that's another story all together). It was a nice route undulating and with a fair amount of countryside - even if I did get lost and had to ask directions in the 3rd mile
'twas OK after that - no more temporary misplacement and running at a reasonable pace.
miles 12/13 had a noteable updulate in them which took quite a lot out of me, and the last 3 miles were run in 'survival mode' Legs hurt... form was rubbish... and I really had to grind this one out.
It was probably too long at this point
Either that or I just don't do 'long' very well.
We'll see how things pan out over the next few weeks
Distance: 17Miles
Time: 2:16:33
Pace: 8:02 min/mile
AvHR: 169bpm


Planned 17 miler today (which I ran too late in the day - but that's another story all together). It was a nice route undulating and with a fair amount of countryside - even if I did get lost and had to ask directions in the 3rd mile
'twas OK after that - no more temporary misplacement and running at a reasonable pace.
miles 12/13 had a noteable updulate in them which took quite a lot out of me, and the last 3 miles were run in 'survival mode' Legs hurt... form was rubbish... and I really had to grind this one out.
It was probably too long at this point
Either that or I just don't do 'long' very well.
We'll see how things pan out over the next few weeks
Distance: 17Miles
Time: 2:16:33
Pace: 8:02 min/mile
AvHR: 169bpm




2 Comments:
You did 17 miles AFTER an 11 miler with only one rest day in between and that only TWO weeks after a marathon...??? Is it any surprise that you had to grind it out..? Anyhow, the StupidlyCrazyTrainingProgrammeForYou'reDoingWHAT should include alot more shorter runs with speed work in them, the longer runs are important later. Unless you're looking for that YDW place before London..?
By
Anonymous, on 02 November, 2006 19:49
Longer MUCH longer than my run!
By
Evil Pixie, on 02 November, 2006 22:35
Post a Comment
<< Home