More Doubles - and Cramp
In the build up to pacing an attempt at a significant PB - I'm trying to make sure that the 'taper' thing gets done reasonably properly. So the plan fo today was a 4 mile nice and easy run, which a bit of sploshing about in the swimbling pool for dessert.
I also, however, need to get a few miles of my own in!!.
So I decided to run to the appointed meeting place (at the Floundering About in Water Place) Problem was that I also had to take all the appropriate attire and accutrements - so running with a rucsac - not my most favourite pastime!!!!
Thye first part was 3.76 miles, and I'd planned to run it at a reasonably gentle, slightly slower than 8m/m pace, which I did.
And the really good thing about the second part of the run - was that it was nice and easy for both of us. "Run Comfortably, and Breathe Like You Are Asleep" as I once said on a blog post a while ago.
That was just what it was like - nice gentle Pace - no heroics - just good quality, keep your legs turning over, miles.
Very enjoyable!
Then on to the Adults only swimming. I was swimming slightly brick-like again today, and you know what....? I think I've worked out why my stroke is so rubbish!
Weak triceps!
yup
When I was pulling the stroke along my body - it was my triceps that got really tired!
and then
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
cramp in my arch
That really cramped my style - so I got out
Had already done about 30 lengths though - so it wasn't all bad
Run Numbers
Part the First
Distance: 3.77 miles
Time 30:46
Pace: 8:09 min/mile
Part the second
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:04
Pace: 9:31 min/mile
AvHR (the whole thing): 151


I also, however, need to get a few miles of my own in!!.
So I decided to run to the appointed meeting place (at the Floundering About in Water Place) Problem was that I also had to take all the appropriate attire and accutrements - so running with a rucsac - not my most favourite pastime!!!!
Thye first part was 3.76 miles, and I'd planned to run it at a reasonably gentle, slightly slower than 8m/m pace, which I did.
And the really good thing about the second part of the run - was that it was nice and easy for both of us. "Run Comfortably, and Breathe Like You Are Asleep" as I once said on a blog post a while ago.
That was just what it was like - nice gentle Pace - no heroics - just good quality, keep your legs turning over, miles.
Very enjoyable!
Then on to the Adults only swimming. I was swimming slightly brick-like again today, and you know what....? I think I've worked out why my stroke is so rubbish!
Weak triceps!
yup
When I was pulling the stroke along my body - it was my triceps that got really tired!
and then
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
cramp in my arch
That really cramped my style - so I got out
Had already done about 30 lengths though - so it wasn't all bad
Run Numbers
Part the First
Distance: 3.77 miles
Time 30:46
Pace: 8:09 min/mile
Part the second
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:04
Pace: 9:31 min/mile
AvHR (the whole thing): 151




1 Comments:
Leon... one thing I've learned from Tri training is there's a reason we swim FIRST... because bliddy running gives you cramp if you swim after...!!! Especially in the arches (where I too got it) and in the calves.
Not at all fun. But good tapering there. Although maybe you should add in the Fat Face plan... curry, beer and rest..?!!!
Good Luck with PB at Windsor..!!
By
Cath Delaney, on 23 September, 2006 18:15
Post a Comment
<< Home