"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Friday, October 06, 2006

EEEK!
Some Goals too

Going to look at cars today
Poor ol' Tractor Car is on his last legs, and becoming slightly scary to drive
So am off to the local NetworkQ place today to have a look at slightly-less-unreliable motors.....

and I'm going to try and get in an 18 or so miler as well.

Made a conscious decsion to look at, and follow/adapt a 'proper' training schedule for a spring marathon as well!!!!

That'll be a bit scary!

But I have some running goals for 2007.
sub 40 10K
sub 1:25 ½ Marathon
sub 3 Marathon
sub 15 TrailWalker

That's enough to be getting on with I think!

EDIT


Slightly-Less-Unreliable Motor has been purchased and will be picked up tomorrow morning - and dear old Tractor Car will then be consigned to the scrap yard!!

Also went out for a long run
The longest I've done in quite a while. Started off in company - for the first seven miles or so - then was sent on my way with instructions as to where to go to get the miles in!
Lost Garmin signal at 14 miles - so ran the last 25 mins 'blind'
Most noteable thing from this run, was that I have lost a LOT of endurance fitness - so need to get lots of slow miles and time on my feet in over the next couple of months.
Pace didn't really drop off, but HR climbed noticeably, and I was clearly tired in the last 4 miles or so.
Part of that was to do with the fact that I didn't eat enough this morning, and in part iot was to do with getting a bit dehydrated as I took no liquid with me.
On the other hand- despite those things, it was a reasonable run, so prettty pleased with it

Distance: 17 miles
Time: 2:21:29
Pace: 8:19 min/mile
AvHR: 159bpm

Although the average HR is OK - it's offset by the later part of the run which was much higher.

The infamous 'drift'

But I know what to do about that
:o)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home