So - here we go
The plan is this...
To structure training
To stop this aimless - Run a bit and see what happens
To be disciplined with regard to what I do - when I do it - and to ensure that I put in the most appropriate sessions at the most appropriate times.
To that end, I have a couple of books on order
"Advanced Marathoning" and "Road Racing for Serious Runners" by Pfitzinger and Douglas.
I have a pace in mind for a spring marathon, and it means that I'll have to seriously up the ante in terms of what becomes (over time) my LSD pace. And it's quite a bit quicker than it is currently!!
I'll have to do some specific strength and speed work.
And I'll have to get used to running after very long days and at times when the CBA monster appears with a vengence.
It may be that the goal I'm aiming for will need more time than until the spring to build up to, and if that's the case, then so be it.
....but Silly Goals is something that I do - and there is no reason, other than my own lack of motivation, why I shouldn't get somewhere close to it for the Spring
So what am I going for?
I'll be using the excellent facility on Fetch to keep track of how I'm doing and to plan my training. And if it's written down, then I'm much more likely to actually stick to "The Plan"
That's the theory anyway
Lets see how it goes!
I ran yesterday - 1st run after Abingdon - and just wanted to run the stiffness and cobwebs out of the system
6.4 miles
47:30
7:25min/mile
There were a couple of Get Your Breath Back breaks in that - at 3.5 and 5.5 miles
and I went out a bit quickly, but that was kind of the point.

To structure training
To stop this aimless - Run a bit and see what happens
To be disciplined with regard to what I do - when I do it - and to ensure that I put in the most appropriate sessions at the most appropriate times.
To that end, I have a couple of books on order
"Advanced Marathoning" and "Road Racing for Serious Runners" by Pfitzinger and Douglas.
I have a pace in mind for a spring marathon, and it means that I'll have to seriously up the ante in terms of what becomes (over time) my LSD pace. And it's quite a bit quicker than it is currently!!
I'll have to do some specific strength and speed work.
And I'll have to get used to running after very long days and at times when the CBA monster appears with a vengence.
It may be that the goal I'm aiming for will need more time than until the spring to build up to, and if that's the case, then so be it.
....but Silly Goals is something that I do - and there is no reason, other than my own lack of motivation, why I shouldn't get somewhere close to it for the Spring
So what am I going for?
| 10K | 0:39 |
| ½ Marathon | 1:26 |
| Marathon | 2:59 |
I'll be using the excellent facility on Fetch to keep track of how I'm doing and to plan my training. And if it's written down, then I'm much more likely to actually stick to "The Plan"
That's the theory anyway
Lets see how it goes!
I ran yesterday - 1st run after Abingdon - and just wanted to run the stiffness and cobwebs out of the system
6.4 miles
47:30
7:25min/mile
There were a couple of Get Your Breath Back breaks in that - at 3.5 and 5.5 miles
and I went out a bit quickly, but that was kind of the point.



2 Comments:
Yes! The boy is back in town! And on a mission I see!
By
Evil Pixie, on 29 October, 2006 17:40
[chuckle]
You could say that, Pix!!!!
:-D
By
Leon, on 29 October, 2006 18:16
Post a Comment
<< Home