"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Friday, September 08, 2006

Steps an' Stuff

This week I've been 'Hill' training!!!!

Well, not really - but when I get to work - there are 175 steps from the Underground to ground level, and in the absence of much time for other running, I have taken to charging up those steps before work, and charging down them after work!
Gave it a Go on Monday - single steps and to orientate myself to it
Tuesday had a go at getting up by taking every other step - got about ¾ of the way up before having to take them singly...
Tuesday night I went out for a proper run (numbers below) and the Russell Square Doubles beat me on Wednesday morning
Thurday however.....

All the way

2 steps at a time

and got some really strange looks from the Underground Operative who clearly had a There's-A-Perfectly-Good-Lift-So Why-Are-You-Charging-Up-The-Stairs-You-Idiot look on his face!!!!

I smiled at him as I desperately tried to re-oxygenate myself, in a calm and controlled manner and without looking like I was about to Peg It!..... and to stop my heart exploding out of my chest.

So....
Tuesdays run

Distance: 9.48 miles
Time: 1:11:42

Pace: 7:33

AvHR: 175





5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home