Doubles
So - I think that I've reached the point where Doubles are appropriate!
6 week out.... one rubbish run.... 'tis about time to up the ante!!!!
;o)
Oh - OK not really.
But I did swim today
not the 12 lengths with a rest after each one, and including 3 lengths of BMF stroke like a couple of days ago
Oh no!!! this was proper 'Swim Like a Splashy Flailing Dangerous Get Out Of My Way Or DIE' psycho maniac Swimming
:o)
and no stopping
and 26 lengths.
That's 650metres
not bad for an improper swimblist
No idea how long it took.... was concentrating too hard on not drowning.
[note to self - swimming lessons!]
And I shall go for a run tonight too (have just noticed that my quads have announced their presence)
Run Edit
As predicted - was turfed out of the door with instructions for a little slightly undulatory plod
The plan - run to a heart rate...... lasted about a ¼mile.
Change of plan - run to breathing and just see what pace and HR happen!
Good Plan me!!!!
:o)
Presence of quads was duly noted - slight tightness in Hamstrings and Adductors also noted - apart from that, I felt like I was running, albeit somewhat ponderously!
And yes I know it's all relative - but for me - it felt heavy and uncoordinated.. but not quite like it did on Wednesday.
And the toxic 20 (well, toxic 3 miles) is truly horrible at the moment.
I know it will pass - and I know that things will come together soon enough.
But I can also see how people can get very disheartened with their progress too..!!
But this was a good start I think....
Distance: 6.7 miles
Time: 57:55
Pace: 8:38 min/mile
AvHR: 168bpm



6 week out.... one rubbish run.... 'tis about time to up the ante!!!!
;o)
Oh - OK not really.
But I did swim today
not the 12 lengths with a rest after each one, and including 3 lengths of BMF stroke like a couple of days ago
Oh no!!! this was proper 'Swim Like a Splashy Flailing Dangerous Get Out Of My Way Or DIE' psycho maniac Swimming
:o)
and no stopping
and 26 lengths.
That's 650metres
not bad for an improper swimblist
No idea how long it took.... was concentrating too hard on not drowning.
[note to self - swimming lessons!]
And I shall go for a run tonight too (have just noticed that my quads have announced their presence)
Run Edit
As predicted - was turfed out of the door with instructions for a little slightly undulatory plod
The plan - run to a heart rate...... lasted about a ¼mile.
Change of plan - run to breathing and just see what pace and HR happen!
Good Plan me!!!!
:o)
Presence of quads was duly noted - slight tightness in Hamstrings and Adductors also noted - apart from that, I felt like I was running, albeit somewhat ponderously!
And yes I know it's all relative - but for me - it felt heavy and uncoordinated.. but not quite like it did on Wednesday.
And the toxic 20 (well, toxic 3 miles) is truly horrible at the moment.
I know it will pass - and I know that things will come together soon enough.
But I can also see how people can get very disheartened with their progress too..!!
But this was a good start I think....
Distance: 6.7 miles
Time: 57:55
Pace: 8:38 min/mile
AvHR: 168bpm





10 Comments:
Hmmm hr still a bit high for pace. More training, young man!
By
Anonymous, on 04 August, 2006 23:37
So, Leon is tri training is he..?
;o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 05 August, 2006 09:50
swimming?
yeah - tri training I reckon - good call Caff ;o)
By
XFR Bear, on 05 August, 2006 11:57
Tri Training..??!!
Can't even organise running left alone 3 events!!!
That'll be a *no* then!!
:o)
By
Leon, on 05 August, 2006 21:24
But you don't have to organise anything apart from a single entry form
By
RobW, on 06 August, 2006 21:51
swimming? running? oh oh oh that sounds like a tri!
By
Evil Pixie, on 06 August, 2006 22:03
and he's got a road bike too...
[innocent blink]
By
Cath Delaney, on 06 August, 2006 23:51
Well what can I say Cath!
He's doooooomed!
By
Evil Pixie, on 07 August, 2006 09:44
And I know where the road bike is.... it'll be tricky to use at the moment!
By
womble, on 07 August, 2006 12:39
Blimey - you go to work for a few days... and hell breaks loose in Blogland!!!!
Remember....
sub 3 Marathon
That's the plan for the moment!!
(Did I actually write that down?)
By
Leon, on 11 August, 2006 09:48
Post a Comment
<< Home