"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lichfield 10K and Fun Run


Super race
:o)

A 1:17 (ish) PB for me
Mr Speedy came 38th in the 3K Fun Run in 16:11
[gasp]
How proud am I..!!!!!!

That was his first EVER race

Li'l Prof pottered around in his own sweet way
and Princess (who's 4) ran all the way around and beat The Evil Pixie (who was looking after her)

:o)
Vrap Destroyed her PB by about 5 mins and came in under 48 mins
['nother gasp]

Was a bit warm, but what a friendly race.

Well done to the organisers I say

My race was a real "Tale of Two Halves"
In the back of my mind I was thinking "Run the first couple of K at 4 min/km pace and see how I'm feeling" and on the other - "I've not run a 10K in over a year - Not done any speed work - and not trained for this"
(but to beat my PB would be nice!!)

The first 3 Km went to plan - but it was clear by then that there was no 'spring' in my legs, and that to maintain that kind of pace was going to be very difficult. And after 5km the race Part II started. That was the bit when it was really hard!
The You're - Gonna - Have - To - Slow - Down Demon had to be battered into submission a couple of times, and I perceptibly slowed by about 15 or so seconds per km in the second half of the race, which was started by the long updulate at around the 6K board.
I did manage to overhaul 3 people in the last km and NOT get overhauled myself in that time which I was REALLY pleased about.

Post race - went for a little run with Pix. Which was really good too - Got to chat a bit (Yes, me - Mr Silent!) and run out the race from my legs.

Lovely!!!

And So the Numbers

Distance: 10km
Time: 41:35

Pace: 4.08 min/km (6:40 min/mile)

AvHR: 183bpm






1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home