"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday

So - two bits of training to tell you about
Both giving me good mileage...

Wednesday

The first almost became the second of a double!!!! I had discovered the joys of the work that ones Glutes do when putting down floooring for eight hours on Tuesday, and to say that there was a drgree of Muscle soreness was not understating the point. So in the knowledge that I was running for 10 miles later in the day, I seriously contemplated an early run just to loosen up said muscles.

I didn't in the end.... not sure why really, because I think it would have been a good idea.
So - the evening run. A planned session with Training Partner Lady. And a really nice run too... all the way up the Tow Path to Teddington Lock - back down the other side to Hampton Court (are we noticing a pattern here). Then back to the start. It was quite cold, but the really amazing sight that greeted us as we turned back, was the full moon. Enormous and slightly yellowed. The quiet of the river and the natural light of the moon, made it such an amazing experience. Shared with a very close friend, but also alone in our own thoughts. Not a time for talk.. it wasn't neccesary.

Distance: 10.31 miles
Time: 1:24:33
Pace: 8:12 min/mile
AvHR: 162


Mile

Pace

Time

AvHR

1

7:53

7:53

149

2

7:51

15:44

162

3

8:17

24:01

164

4

8:30

32:31

163

5

8:07

40:38

165

6

8:10

48:49

166

7

8:08

56:57

165

8

8:17

1:05:14

162

9

8:13

1:13:27

161

10

8:39

1:22:06

165

0.31

8:06

1:24:35

166

Run

8:12

1:24:35

162






Thursday

I'd planned to get up early for this one - some how 'early' came and went. So I went out in the Mid-Morning. Bottom Loop of Richmond Park.
The plan was just to run it reasonably comfortably. No need for speed and effort, because I'd already had that session on Monday!!!
The first two miles were hard work - running on un-refuelled legs (not had breakfast, and forgot to have a decent glass of Orange Juice). A positively toxic 16 or 17 minutes!!! once I was in the park and at the top of the first hill (at 2 miles) things eased off a bit. Running rhythm seemed to return, and it became enjoyable again. Was aiming for my now familiar HR of around 165.... seem to be getting much better at keeping the HR reasonably steady at the moment.

And was quite surprised to stop the watch at a fraction over an hour for the run. Last time I did that, I'd used the same route as a Tempo session.

Long run is Planned for Friday - with Training Partner Lady again - and it will be Long and Slower.
Recovery Run on Saturday - that'll be with L'il Prof, my Recovery Run Guru

Distance: 7.66 miles
Time: 1:00:33
Pace: 7:54 min/mile
AvHR: 164

Mile

Pace

Time

AvHR

1

8:27

8:27

151

2

8:12

16:40

160

3

7:52

24:32

164

4

7:51

32:24

165

5

7:41

40:04

164

6

7:57

48:02

167

7

7:33

55:33

167

0.66

7:31

1:00:33

170

Run

7:54

1:00:33

164




2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home