Friday - Long One!
As promised - A Long Run today with a similarly motivated person to myself
:o)
And what a corker - Run to Richmond Park (Kingston Gate) - circumnavigate anti-clock wise - out at Ham Gate to Teddington Lock - Follow the Tow Path to Kingston and then on to Hampton Court - Cut into Bushy Park at Lion Gate - back to Kingston - and then back home.
And running a route like this in Good Company is fantastic!!
Stunning route - lots of it amongst Greenery or by the river - Only two Undulates of any note, both of which were done and dusted by 7 miles.
The long drag up (over 2 miles of it) was quite hard work as we were running into a reasonably sporting head-wind, as was the section along the Tow-Path to Hampton Court.... for the same reason.
I got to try out my new toy too - Lets just say that, Camelbak is a revelation!!!!!
So the plan - keep the pace comfortable - none of that heavy breathing malarkey - reasonable Heart rate - and just enjoy it. I've only ever run more than 15 miles once - and that was my abortive first marathon - so I knew that I was going to feel the distance on this one - and so it transpired - running a long way is hard work!!!
Oh..... 'course...... you know that!!!!
The pleasing thing for me was the lack of Nearly-Cramping-Calves
There was a slightly wobbly moment that we had to overcome just before 15 miles - but apart from the expected "Oooh Oww Oww - That Was a Long Way" from two pairs of tired legs, it was otherwise uneventful!!
So the Numbers
Distance: 18.79miles
Time: 2:45:49
Pace: 8:49min/mile
AvHR: 159bpm

:o)
And what a corker - Run to Richmond Park (Kingston Gate) - circumnavigate anti-clock wise - out at Ham Gate to Teddington Lock - Follow the Tow Path to Kingston and then on to Hampton Court - Cut into Bushy Park at Lion Gate - back to Kingston - and then back home.
And running a route like this in Good Company is fantastic!!
Stunning route - lots of it amongst Greenery or by the river - Only two Undulates of any note, both of which were done and dusted by 7 miles.
The long drag up (over 2 miles of it) was quite hard work as we were running into a reasonably sporting head-wind, as was the section along the Tow-Path to Hampton Court.... for the same reason.
I got to try out my new toy too - Lets just say that, Camelbak is a revelation!!!!!
So the plan - keep the pace comfortable - none of that heavy breathing malarkey - reasonable Heart rate - and just enjoy it. I've only ever run more than 15 miles once - and that was my abortive first marathon - so I knew that I was going to feel the distance on this one - and so it transpired - running a long way is hard work!!!
Oh..... 'course...... you know that!!!!
The pleasing thing for me was the lack of Nearly-Cramping-Calves
There was a slightly wobbly moment that we had to overcome just before 15 miles - but apart from the expected "Oooh Oww Oww - That Was a Long Way" from two pairs of tired legs, it was otherwise uneventful!!
So the Numbers
Distance: 18.79miles
Time: 2:45:49
Pace: 8:49min/mile
AvHR: 159bpm
144 | |||
2 | 8:40 | 17:31 | 156 |
3 | 9:05 | 26:38 | 160 |
4 | 8:26 | 35:03 | 155 |
5 | 8:48 | 43:50 | .159 |
6 | 9:03 | 52:55 | 165 |
7 | 9:12 | 1:02:08 | 163 |
8 | 8:25 | 1:10:33 | 158 |
9 | 8:31 | 1:19:05 | 158 |
10 | 8:20 | 1:27:25 | 160 |
11 | 8:27 | 1:35:53 | 159 |
12 | 8:49 | 1:44:43 | 160 |
13 | 8:31 | 1:53:14 | 162 |
14 | 8:50 | 2:02:04 | 163 |
15 | 10:13 | 2:12:18 | 156 |
16 | 9:02 | 2:21:20 | 159 |
17 | 9:16 | 2:30:35 | .159 |
18 | 8:41 | 2:39:16 | 159 |
0.79 | 8:19 | 2:45:49 | 166 |
Run | 8:49 | 2:45:49 | 159 |



3 Comments:
What do you mean, you're not running home in the morning? Wuss.
By
womble, on 10 March, 2006 23:12
ROFL
I didn't say that....!!!
After all - I do need a 'recovery' run now
:o)
By
Leon, on 10 March, 2006 23:24
Thanks Laura - although, I have to say I'm a little way away from being quite ready - this was a difficult run!!
As for the chill out thing -- Oh yes indeed!
I was going to do a short (3 miles) recovery run today, but various bits of me have said "No - You Must Rest Today"
So rest day it is then
By
Leon, on 11 March, 2006 09:42
Post a Comment
<< Home