"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Club - Short run

I wanted to run this morning really - as I had a Blood Donor Seesion after lunch - but it was wet and horrible and I wimped out of getting wet!

Pathetic that, eh..??!!

Blood leting session was pretty uneventful though, so having rehydrated, and re-fuelled well, thought that it would be fine to have a reasonably sensible session at the club..

Decided on the "Do this run with the choice of a longer/shorter option".
Guess which option I took!!!

NOPE

The shorter route.

The group split into two at that point, and the three of us (the same three from last week actually) pottered off back to the Club on the route that was some 2+ miles shorter

It was a reasonable run , i could feel the effects of having slightly less circulating volume, but that was why I was sensible - didn't go too fast - and didn't go too long.

Possibly do a tempo session tomorrow and a Long Run on Friday with the person who is rapidly becoming my regular Training Partner.

And so to the Numbers


Distance: 6.83 miles
Time: 59:14
Pace: 8:40 min/mile
AvHR: 158 bpm

Mile
Pace
Time
AvHR
1
8:36
8:36
138
2
9:17
17:53
150
3
8:51
26:44
165
4
8:44
35:29
164
5
8:16
43:46
157
6
8:54
52:40
163
0.83
7:54
59:14
173
Run
8:40
59:14
158





3 Comments:

  • Perhaps Laura, but I was taking very careful note of what was happening to my body, and ran accordingly - It wasn't strenuous, it wasn't too long.
    And the main reason for doing it was to spend some time with a friend who needed a bit of company.
    Irresponsible - maybe..
    A Good Thing - I think so

    By Blogger Leon, on 09 March, 2006 12:12  

  • blood letting = good
    run after blood letting = BAD :-(
    tut tut

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 09 March, 2006 13:59  

  • I hope nobody thinks I told him it was ok to run after blood-letting!

    By Blogger womble, on 09 March, 2006 16:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home