Saturday - *Phew* - Long Day
You would think that children who fell asleep really tired the night before would do you the courtesy of sleeping in .... Oh No - Not a bit of it [stupid of me to think it would be the case]
06:45 the first invasion of my slumber pit happened - and it was Speedy!!!!!
Didn't expect that!
I had woken feeling fatigued - not tired that would have been easy - but physically and emotionally drained. I guess the last couple of weeks was starting to catch up with me...
It could have bliddy waited for another 48 hours!!!!!!!
So the morning was spent in a bit of a daze. Kiddy winks were great but I wasn't, and it took 'til about 11:00 to get out of first gear - and you'll NEVER guess what did it...
Little Prof. has been wanting to 'go for a jog' for as long as I can remember - (well since last summer anyway when we did the self same thing on holiday!!!)
So we did - It was SO funny.
He listened to EVERYTHING I told him and we jogged a little circuit - and he looks like a runner (most of the time anyway!!!)
GET THIS
What:- 1.8 miles (Yes I KNOW it's a lot for a little person with little legs who hasn't really run before)
Why:- Because - he wanted to and who was I to refuse ?
How long:- 24:43
Pace:- 13:43 min/mile HOW MAD IS THAT?????????????
And we talked all the way round - I mean how else to you judge the pace for a micro-runner other than "If he can hold a conversation then it's not too fast".....????
What a laugh.
Then I took them all to see the local dams and took some pictures (I have SO few recent pics of them I realised - not any more !!!!!!)
And then we spent 3 1/2 hours in a Play Barn Type Place. They ran around like mad things and got hot sweaty and tired and they laughed a lot and smiled a lot - so that was obviously a good choice then.
In the meantime Li'l Sis checked up on me (that was cool).
And for the last hour I ran around like a mad thing too..
And Chinese take-away for tea - that pretty much disappeared without trace. AND surprisingly they all seemed to settle pretty quickly after the requisite bath and supper shenanigans!!!
Tomorrow is going to be a bit mad - I have to get them ready to leave by 09:00 to get Speedy to horse riding and take Little Prof. and Princess swimming then feed then all before depositing them back at their Mum's where I then get to discuss finances and other such necessary stuff.
So it's gonna be busy.... and I've got a headache even now.....
I had a poignant moment today when I suddenly thought that I really wanted to be sharing this time and not doing it alone - it took my Li'l Sis to remind me that being alone is something I have not experienced for a very long time and it is going to take a period of adjustment to feel comfortable in my company and happy with myself as an individual human being. She can be a bit profound at times my baby Sis.... and she knows me a lot better then she lets on. And it was just the kick up the rear that I needed today.
So - after a slow start, this day got better and better with the children - but now I'm on my knees and feel like I'm gonna oversleep.......
.......Yeah - Right ;o)
06:45 the first invasion of my slumber pit happened - and it was Speedy!!!!!
Didn't expect that!
I had woken feeling fatigued - not tired that would have been easy - but physically and emotionally drained. I guess the last couple of weeks was starting to catch up with me...
It could have bliddy waited for another 48 hours!!!!!!!
So the morning was spent in a bit of a daze. Kiddy winks were great but I wasn't, and it took 'til about 11:00 to get out of first gear - and you'll NEVER guess what did it...
Little Prof. has been wanting to 'go for a jog' for as long as I can remember - (well since last summer anyway when we did the self same thing on holiday!!!)
So we did - It was SO funny.
He listened to EVERYTHING I told him and we jogged a little circuit - and he looks like a runner (most of the time anyway!!!)
GET THIS
What:- 1.8 miles (Yes I KNOW it's a lot for a little person with little legs who hasn't really run before)
Why:- Because - he wanted to and who was I to refuse ?
How long:- 24:43
Pace:- 13:43 min/mile HOW MAD IS THAT?????????????
And we talked all the way round - I mean how else to you judge the pace for a micro-runner other than "If he can hold a conversation then it's not too fast".....????
What a laugh.
Then I took them all to see the local dams and took some pictures (I have SO few recent pics of them I realised - not any more !!!!!!)
And then we spent 3 1/2 hours in a Play Barn Type Place. They ran around like mad things and got hot sweaty and tired and they laughed a lot and smiled a lot - so that was obviously a good choice then.
In the meantime Li'l Sis checked up on me (that was cool).
And for the last hour I ran around like a mad thing too..
And Chinese take-away for tea - that pretty much disappeared without trace. AND surprisingly they all seemed to settle pretty quickly after the requisite bath and supper shenanigans!!!
Tomorrow is going to be a bit mad - I have to get them ready to leave by 09:00 to get Speedy to horse riding and take Little Prof. and Princess swimming then feed then all before depositing them back at their Mum's where I then get to discuss finances and other such necessary stuff.
So it's gonna be busy.... and I've got a headache even now.....
I had a poignant moment today when I suddenly thought that I really wanted to be sharing this time and not doing it alone - it took my Li'l Sis to remind me that being alone is something I have not experienced for a very long time and it is going to take a period of adjustment to feel comfortable in my company and happy with myself as an individual human being. She can be a bit profound at times my baby Sis.... and she knows me a lot better then she lets on. And it was just the kick up the rear that I needed today.
So - after a slow start, this day got better and better with the children - but now I'm on my knees and feel like I'm gonna oversleep.......
.......Yeah - Right ;o)


2 Comments:
A great day
and now you are on your way and will not read this until today is over.
I am sure it will be fine.
By
beanz, on 24 April, 2005 09:36
What you got to lie in till 6:45!? Lucky you - had to get up at 6:15 to turn the volume down on the TV! :-)
Sounds like Prof has got Base Training sorted already.
By
RobW, on 24 April, 2005 13:05
Post a Comment
<< Home