Lots to do - so little time
Dad seems to be a lot better this morning.
A huge thank you to the amazing people who contacted me yesterday and this morning for your support and help. I was feeling all at sea and you gave me stability and a sense of perspective. I am truly grateful for that love and care.
I've been a busy bee today too - lots of phone calls to arrange visits to places that I might like to work and finding out about any vacancies that might be available to me. And I still haven't managed to speak to everyone that I want to yet. People with busy lives can be difficult to reach sometimes..!
On top of all of that a massive financial worry was dropped in my lap yesterday.
Money is always a worry - bills have to be paid after all - but add into that an upcoming divorce, three beautiful children who need the very best love and support that you can possibly offer them. And a huge amount of uncertainty about the future and what it holds, it can get a bit much.
And... there are no branches of the appropriate banks for 35 miles from where I am to be able to do anything today. I need to clear my head and I need to try to see this more clearly. Normally I would have gone for a really long run or take myself to somewhere quiet and beautiful to find that calm again But the body isn't up to running, and I am looking after my children for the weekend.
Now I know that that will keep me very busy (and I'm not even half prepared for the invasion yet) and will be fantastic medicine for my soul. You should meet my children - they are so incredibly special and it breaks my heart to see them struggling with the reality of me not being around them. You can hear the sadness in their voices on the telephone and see it in their eyes when you are with them.
It's such a mess. And at the moment I can't see how I can make a positive difference to the way they feel.
But I do have to believe that it will all work out well and that I can and will be a major part of that.
I'll be running again today at some point today - and I'll just see how it feels. I can't run to lose myself yet - I'm to weak for that, but that will come and I look forward to it..!
Later (I have done this once already and it got lost - I am a bit annoyed about that)
Get this for complete madness:-
You need to put some money in this acccount today sir
No problem I'll transfer some on the internet
Sorry sir that will take 3-5 working days
OK - Can I make a payment by Debit Card over the 'phone then
No sir - we can't take payments by that method
Right - can I get my other bank to transfer funds directly to the account..?
Of course sir - but that WILL carry a fee of £25-£30 and you'll need to be set up for telephone banking
OK - Is ther ANY other way I can put funds into the account that will clear today...?
Of course sir - you can withdraw cash and deposit it - That will clear straight away
Great - so where is the nearest branch to *********** ***** then..?
In ******** sir
(BUT THAT'S 40 MILES AWAY) - thank you very much for your help - *click*
So - an 80 mile round trip and 10 minutes of banking stupidity later and I am back
What a day...!!
It's a nice day outside and I've missed it.. I have felt a little lonesome today, but that is partly because I'm on leave and haven't got off my arse to do very much - I need some quiet at the moment for sure, but I also need to start 'doing' my life too. Some busyness is called for...
What AM I saying...? My children will invade in less than 24 hours - lets see how much I'm craving busyness once they get here ..eh??
Diet watchers - I'm still finding it hard to get back into the habit of the eating thing - body has kind of forgotten what it's supposed to do. I've been quite good today though Brekkie - yup.. Lunch - yup... Tea Offered melted pizza that was as appetising as cardboard smothered in........something, but it went too. I'd better start on the banana mountain that appeared while I was 'Banking'
Someone is trying to tell me something.
I need to run later and so I will!!!!
And I'll let you know how it went.
Might change the template back to the one I had before too - I can't work out how to 'play' with this one :o)
A huge thank you to the amazing people who contacted me yesterday and this morning for your support and help. I was feeling all at sea and you gave me stability and a sense of perspective. I am truly grateful for that love and care.
I've been a busy bee today too - lots of phone calls to arrange visits to places that I might like to work and finding out about any vacancies that might be available to me. And I still haven't managed to speak to everyone that I want to yet. People with busy lives can be difficult to reach sometimes..!
On top of all of that a massive financial worry was dropped in my lap yesterday.
Money is always a worry - bills have to be paid after all - but add into that an upcoming divorce, three beautiful children who need the very best love and support that you can possibly offer them. And a huge amount of uncertainty about the future and what it holds, it can get a bit much.
And... there are no branches of the appropriate banks for 35 miles from where I am to be able to do anything today. I need to clear my head and I need to try to see this more clearly. Normally I would have gone for a really long run or take myself to somewhere quiet and beautiful to find that calm again But the body isn't up to running, and I am looking after my children for the weekend.
Now I know that that will keep me very busy (and I'm not even half prepared for the invasion yet) and will be fantastic medicine for my soul. You should meet my children - they are so incredibly special and it breaks my heart to see them struggling with the reality of me not being around them. You can hear the sadness in their voices on the telephone and see it in their eyes when you are with them.
It's such a mess. And at the moment I can't see how I can make a positive difference to the way they feel.
But I do have to believe that it will all work out well and that I can and will be a major part of that.
I'll be running again today at some point today - and I'll just see how it feels. I can't run to lose myself yet - I'm to weak for that, but that will come and I look forward to it..!
Later (I have done this once already and it got lost - I am a bit annoyed about that)
Get this for complete madness:-
You need to put some money in this acccount today sir
No problem I'll transfer some on the internet
Sorry sir that will take 3-5 working days
OK - Can I make a payment by Debit Card over the 'phone then
No sir - we can't take payments by that method
Right - can I get my other bank to transfer funds directly to the account..?
Of course sir - but that WILL carry a fee of £25-£30 and you'll need to be set up for telephone banking
OK - Is ther ANY other way I can put funds into the account that will clear today...?
Of course sir - you can withdraw cash and deposit it - That will clear straight away
Great - so where is the nearest branch to *********** ***** then..?
In ******** sir
(BUT THAT'S 40 MILES AWAY) - thank you very much for your help - *click*
So - an 80 mile round trip and 10 minutes of banking stupidity later and I am back
What a day...!!
It's a nice day outside and I've missed it.. I have felt a little lonesome today, but that is partly because I'm on leave and haven't got off my arse to do very much - I need some quiet at the moment for sure, but I also need to start 'doing' my life too. Some busyness is called for...
What AM I saying...? My children will invade in less than 24 hours - lets see how much I'm craving busyness once they get here ..eh??
Diet watchers - I'm still finding it hard to get back into the habit of the eating thing - body has kind of forgotten what it's supposed to do. I've been quite good today though Brekkie - yup.. Lunch - yup... Tea Offered melted pizza that was as appetising as cardboard smothered in........something, but it went too. I'd better start on the banana mountain that appeared while I was 'Banking'
Someone is trying to tell me something.
I need to run later and so I will!!!!
And I'll let you know how it went.
Might change the template back to the one I had before too - I can't work out how to 'play' with this one :o)


1 Comments:
principality?????
you can do without such beaurocracy
By
b-z, on 21 April, 2005 22:27
Post a Comment
<< Home