Friday - some running to test dodgy knee
My word it was a bit nippy here today.. wear long sleeves and long bottoms for a run cold, that is! Today was a day for testing out my knee - so running at a comfortable slightly quicker pace, for around 7-8 miles, and see how it coped.
coincidentally, that is exactly the distance of the bottom loop of Richmond Park Route - how convenient!
Just before I left, I had texted an old friend who was in London, to arrange possibly meeting up (for the first time in about 12 years) and having a coffee and a catch up. So I took my 'phone with me in case she tried to contact me.... which she did at about 5 miles!!
So a quick phonecall later...
"I'm running in Richmond Park [breathe] I'll be about ½ an hour [breathe] I should be able to town by 5:30 [breathe] [listen] [breathe] OK, I'll call you if I'm going to be later than that."
It wasn't too bad a run - could 'feel' my knee, but nothing that worried me, and was able to keep the 'bounce-thing' going all the way around, and wasn't too tired at the end.
Quite pleasing really as I hadn't run for a week apart from Sunday.
So finished off the run at a bit of a trot, quick shower and off to the train.
...and sat in Costa's supping coffee and having a really good chinwag.
Pretty good day really - also phoned my children on the train journey back home, and they sounded in good spirits, which is always a Good Thing
:o)
Here are the number
Distance: 7.91 miles
Time: 1:02:49
Pace: 7:56 min/mile
AvHR: 168 bpm
coincidentally, that is exactly the distance of the bottom loop of Richmond Park Route - how convenient!
Just before I left, I had texted an old friend who was in London, to arrange possibly meeting up (for the first time in about 12 years) and having a coffee and a catch up. So I took my 'phone with me in case she tried to contact me.... which she did at about 5 miles!!
So a quick phonecall later...
"I'm running in Richmond Park [breathe] I'll be about ½ an hour [breathe] I should be able to town by 5:30 [breathe] [listen] [breathe] OK, I'll call you if I'm going to be later than that."
It wasn't too bad a run - could 'feel' my knee, but nothing that worried me, and was able to keep the 'bounce-thing' going all the way around, and wasn't too tired at the end.
Quite pleasing really as I hadn't run for a week apart from Sunday.
So finished off the run at a bit of a trot, quick shower and off to the train.
...and sat in Costa's supping coffee and having a really good chinwag.
Pretty good day really - also phoned my children on the train journey back home, and they sounded in good spirits, which is always a Good Thing
:o)
Here are the number
Distance: 7.91 miles
Time: 1:02:49
Pace: 7:56 min/mile
AvHR: 168 bpm
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 7:54 | 7:54 | 146 |
| 2 | 8:05 | 15:59 | 165 |
| 3 | 8:09 | 24:08 | 170 |
| 4 | 7:52 | 32:01 | 168 |
| 5 | 7:43 | 39:44 | 176 |
| 6 | 7:54 | 47:39 | 174 |
| 7 | 8:01 | 55:40 | 175 |
| 0.91 | 7:51 | 1:02:49 | 174 |
| 7.91 | 7:56 | 1:02:49 | 168 |


5 Comments:
Not one to put a damper on things but that pace is rather quick for a knee which has taken a bashing don't you think..?
:op
(just saying!)
By
Cath Delaney, on 10 February, 2006 22:19
Almost a short post.... ;-)
If the knee wasn't holding up he'd be terribly lop-sided.
By
womble, on 10 February, 2006 23:00
Wynthorpe: Thanks for that - me too, I was a bit concerned when I 'tweaked' it - but it seems to be behaving OK at the moment!
Cath: You're right, it might have been, but I was being really very careful, a specifically run-to-test-it-out kind of pace, which, had it given me any trouble of any kind I'd have either just slowed it down or stopped, whichever I needed to do. I also didn't take any NSAIDS, so that I'd be able to feel exactly what was going on. The really pleasing thing was, that it was a nice pace (couldn't really have gone any quicker though), and it felt very balanced. The real test will be how it feels in the morning, I guess.
Besides - it wouldn't be me if I didn't do something a bit stoopid, ehh..??!!
Womble: I'm sorry about that - unaccustomed as I am to saying things in 100 words when 5 will do quite nicely......
:-p
By
Leon, on 10 February, 2006 23:49
pleased the knee behaved
By
beanz, on 13 February, 2006 09:34
[sneaks in and leaves pile of hugs and kisses and "fank you mate" greetings all over blog]
By
Evil Pixie, on 19 February, 2006 19:30
Post a Comment
<< Home