Yesterdays little run
Yesterdays little run followed what seemed like an interminably long day at work - stuck out in a cubicle away from the main unit, for the third consecutive day.
Anyway, it was the same run I did last week - 13.2 miles (lost GPS signal a couple of times, so it measured it as 13.1 this time) with two notable hills at 7½ and 10 miles.
I was aiming for a HR of 165-170bpm (79-82% MHR).
Ran the first half a lot easier this time - shorter stride, faster cadence, but experienced a bit of stiffness initially in the front of my lower legs. That cleared up by about 4 miles. My right calf didn't tighten up until the last mile, which I was pleased about, and I'm still feeling a slight niggle in my left hamstring... It's not stopping or hampering my running really, it's just there.. but I might go back to Massage-Meister after my skiing holiday next week
Anyway - here are the numbers - and a pretty HR graph!!!!
Anyway, it was the same run I did last week - 13.2 miles (lost GPS signal a couple of times, so it measured it as 13.1 this time) with two notable hills at 7½ and 10 miles.
I was aiming for a HR of 165-170bpm (79-82% MHR).
Ran the first half a lot easier this time - shorter stride, faster cadence, but experienced a bit of stiffness initially in the front of my lower legs. That cleared up by about 4 miles. My right calf didn't tighten up until the last mile, which I was pleased about, and I'm still feeling a slight niggle in my left hamstring... It's not stopping or hampering my running really, it's just there.. but I might go back to Massage-Meister after my skiing holiday next week
Anyway - here are the numbers - and a pretty HR graph!!!!
Distance: 13.12 miles
Time: 1:44:08
Pace: 7:56 min/mile
AvHR: 165 - result!!!!!!!
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 8:34 | 8:34 | 145 |
| 2 | 7:46 | 16:21 | 163 |
| 3 | 7:53 | 24:14 | 166 |
| 4 | 7:43 | 31:58 | 168 |
| 5 | 7:46 | 39:45 | 168 |
| 6 | 7:54 | 47:40 | 170 |
| 7 | 7:44 | 55:24 | 170 |
| 8 | 8:02 | 1:03:26 | 171 |
| 9 | 7:44 | 1:11:11 | 171 |
| 10 | 7:46 | 1:19:01 | 164 |
| 11 | 8:22 | 1:27:23 | 169 |
| 12 | 7:55 | 1:35:18 | 164 |
| 13 | 7:56 | 1:43:15 | 164 |
| 0.12 | 7:26 | 1:44:08 | 167 |
| 13.12 | 7:56 | 1:44:08 | 165 |


1 Comments:
good run
skiing - lucky you
look after your legs though!
By
beanz, on 26 January, 2006 14:07
Post a Comment
<< Home