Thursday - Now THAT was a long day
Busy day at work - lots happening with my patient - and a student to talk the ears off
So a good day- but one in which I hardly had time to sit down...
So - on my feet for 12½ hours....
and then a little plod home...
Decided to aim for a HR of 165
Distance: 13.22 miles
Time: 1:47:52
Pace: 8:05 min/mile
AvHR: 163
So a good day- but one in which I hardly had time to sit down...
So - on my feet for 12½ hours....
and then a little plod home...
Decided to aim for a HR of 165
Distance: 13.22 miles
Time: 1:47:52
Pace: 8:05 min/mile
AvHR: 163
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 8:03 | 8:03 | 144 |
| 2 | 7:43 | 15:46 | 160 |
| 3 | 8:18 | 24:05 | 163 |
| 4 | 8:00 | 32:06 | 163 |
| 5 | 8:17 | 40:23 | 165 |
| 6 | 8:15 | 48:38 | 166 |
| 7 | 8:08 | 56:46 | 165 |
| 8 | 8:32 | 1:05:18 | 167 |
| 9 | 7:52 | 1:13:11 | 171 |
| 10 | 8:05 | 1:12:16 | 163 |
| 11 | 8:29 | 1:29:45 | 169 |
| 12 | 8:00 | 1:37:45 | 168 |
| 13 | 8:16 | 1:46:01 | 163 |
| 0.22 | 8:23 | 1:47:51 | 166 |
| Run | 8:05 | 1:47:51 | 163 |
I was quite pleased with this - although legs took a bit of a hammering - they were tired before I started... Still - running with tired legs is something I'll have to get used to for when it comes to the Marathon. The really pleasing bit was the efforts that I put into the two hills (7.3 - 9 miles, and 10 - 11 miles) where, although my pace dropped and my heart rate climbed - neither was by a huge amount. Right - bath, bed, and a long drive tomorrow to go and collect the kiddiwinks.





4 Comments:
Brilliant!
By
Evil Pixie, on 20 January, 2006 11:25
That man is training well
By
RobW, on 20 January, 2006 11:33
Laura, Rob, Pix: Thanks you guys.. I was pretty pleased with that run.. still got a way to go though - the last mile was pretty hard work...
By
Leon, on 20 January, 2006 13:09
What a good run. I feel so proud!!!
[Beams]
By
Anonymous, on 20 January, 2006 14:27
Post a Comment
<< Home