Monday - [sigh]
Yes - I know I should make the most of the time here and now and not introspect on things over which I have no control.. and Yes, I could do better than I do caring for the people I love.. and Yes, I do think that I could do more.. and Yes, there are times when I think that life is really unfair - on so many levels.. and Yes, I know that this is probably a terminal case of self-indulgent nonsense..
Good things happened at the weekend
I spent time with my children
I talked at length with my best friend
My sister ran another ½ Marathon PB (she's got the family PB!!!)
Other friends ran well in their races
I had a heart-warming conversation with someone, which really made me smile
I ran with L'il Prof - and we chatted about all sorts, and his face was shining the whole time - he looked so happy
Princess never stopped hugging me and telling me how she loved me
Mr Speedy was really relaxed and smiley
And for the most part - they didn't try to kill each other either!!!
But time is SO limited in life - and no matter how hard we try (or in retrospect, how much more we could have tried) - there are not enough hours in the day to do everything.
And it somehow doesn't seem fair.
Last night I was so sad...
My children were not there, and they had left a big hole, as they always do when I take them back.. and I was missing them so much, it hurt. And it was the little things that made it so. The little glance here, a look there, a word, a smell, a hug, a thank you..
I was worried about two of my friends, for very different reasons, neither of which I could do anything about..
Did I give my all to those I love
Not to my mind, no
and that's just not good enough.
And yet - I am one of the richest people I know
I love with all my heart
I have incredible friends
three outstanding and beautiful children
A lady who loves me completely.
What do I have to complain about really..?
Not a thing..
Like I said - self-indulgent nonsense....
Good things happened at the weekend
I spent time with my children
I talked at length with my best friend
My sister ran another ½ Marathon PB (she's got the family PB!!!)
Other friends ran well in their races
I had a heart-warming conversation with someone, which really made me smile
I ran with L'il Prof - and we chatted about all sorts, and his face was shining the whole time - he looked so happy
Princess never stopped hugging me and telling me how she loved me
Mr Speedy was really relaxed and smiley
And for the most part - they didn't try to kill each other either!!!
But time is SO limited in life - and no matter how hard we try (or in retrospect, how much more we could have tried) - there are not enough hours in the day to do everything.
And it somehow doesn't seem fair.
Last night I was so sad...
My children were not there, and they had left a big hole, as they always do when I take them back.. and I was missing them so much, it hurt. And it was the little things that made it so. The little glance here, a look there, a word, a smell, a hug, a thank you..
I was worried about two of my friends, for very different reasons, neither of which I could do anything about..
Did I give my all to those I love
Not to my mind, no
and that's just not good enough.
And yet - I am one of the richest people I know
I love with all my heart
I have incredible friends
three outstanding and beautiful children
A lady who loves me completely.
What do I have to complain about really..?
Not a thing..
Like I said - self-indulgent nonsense....


6 Comments:
thank you for worrying about me and for the hug
[wipes tears from eyes]
just returning the hug to you too
By
Evil Pixie, on 23 January, 2006 13:04
you give all that you can - that does not mean all, all of the time - no one can do that
you are a GOOD friend - remember it
xx
By
beanz, on 23 January, 2006 17:09
Personally i dont think it IS "self indulgent nonsense" as you put it
You are human
you feel too
You have the right to getr down and freustrated and just bloody sad too-wjhatever your personal circumstances
And you leon-have had a lot going on recently
so please do NOT feel bad about expressing negative feelings on here
We all need an outlet
Maybe i should just go back to my paper diary
By
b-z, on 23 January, 2006 19:25
Hey you - I echo everything everyone has said here; you're one of the most genuinely good peeps I know and you worry too much. You know, sometimes we need to be a bit introspective... it allows us to put things in order.
((((Leon))))
By
Anonymous, on 24 January, 2006 09:21
Thanks you guys.....
A couple of hours after I made this post, I was feeling much more even and balanced...
I guess I should just get on with being me..!!
:o)
By
Leon, on 24 January, 2006 21:27
yes you should
By
b-z, on 24 January, 2006 22:40
Post a Comment
<< Home