Wednesday
So the week comes to an end, with my kids that is...
Considering the teeny living space, and the fact that there were seven bodies in the house for much of the time, it's been relatively peaceful... well as peaceful as energetic little people can ever be!!!
There has been a mixture of "I want to give Mummy and hug" and "Do we have to go back today..?"
Sadly - yes honey - you have school tomorrow, and so you need to get back early enough for Mummy to settle you back down into your routine ready for that
I hate this bit... no matter how hard work it seems at the time, or how much exasperation you experience with them... this bit is just horrible...
Hopefully I'll get back to the club tonight and have a really hard run...
'cos I'm going to need it.
Later
*BAH*
having arrived only slightly early .. which did give me and the kids a chance to potter around the local park for a bit- and having to wait around for nearly two hours in the cold -------
(The car bonnet provided a bit of warmth for the littlest People!!!)
:o)
------ meant that I didn't get back in time to go to the club.
'What to do..?' I thought to myself..
'I know - I'll have a short sharp blast. After all, I really did need to stretch my legs after 6 hours and 370 miles of "Tractor-Car" torture...
So I decided to to try and not get too lost , by picking up the end of the run I did with the club last week - I reckoned on it being only around 3 Miles - just enough to turn my legs over, and arrive at the club at something like the time I would have expected Karen to arrive..!!
Best laid plans eh..??!!
It was going really well until the "Iron Bridge" - at which point I took a wrong turn!!
I knew I'd gone wrong pretty much straight away - but I carried on anyway - running was the point - not navigation!!!
Got to the end of the road I was in and recognised the one it joined - Hmm - approaching the club from the wrong direction - but Hey Ho - Having been "Temporarily misplaced" I was now "found" again - and I plodded up to the club. It was only a slight detour.
:o)
Had a good stretch - Said "Hi" to a few bods I knew, and a whole load I didn't.. Then Karen arrived and we shot home - Her on her bike - me in 1100's
Seemed like a good opportunity to open the legs up a bit - so I did..!!!!!
Numbers.....
Run1
Distance: 3.28 miles
Time: 24:08
Pace: 7:22 min/mile
AvHR: 170 bpm
Run2
Distance: 1.48 miles
Time: 10:05
Pace: 6:48 min/mile




Considering the teeny living space, and the fact that there were seven bodies in the house for much of the time, it's been relatively peaceful... well as peaceful as energetic little people can ever be!!!
There has been a mixture of "I want to give Mummy and hug" and "Do we have to go back today..?"
Sadly - yes honey - you have school tomorrow, and so you need to get back early enough for Mummy to settle you back down into your routine ready for that
I hate this bit... no matter how hard work it seems at the time, or how much exasperation you experience with them... this bit is just horrible...
Hopefully I'll get back to the club tonight and have a really hard run...
'cos I'm going to need it.
Later
*BAH*
having arrived only slightly early .. which did give me and the kids a chance to potter around the local park for a bit- and having to wait around for nearly two hours in the cold -------
(The car bonnet provided a bit of warmth for the littlest People!!!)
:o)
------ meant that I didn't get back in time to go to the club.
'What to do..?' I thought to myself..
'I know - I'll have a short sharp blast. After all, I really did need to stretch my legs after 6 hours and 370 miles of "Tractor-Car" torture...
So I decided to to try and not get too lost , by picking up the end of the run I did with the club last week - I reckoned on it being only around 3 Miles - just enough to turn my legs over, and arrive at the club at something like the time I would have expected Karen to arrive..!!
Best laid plans eh..??!!
It was going really well until the "Iron Bridge" - at which point I took a wrong turn!!
I knew I'd gone wrong pretty much straight away - but I carried on anyway - running was the point - not navigation!!!
Got to the end of the road I was in and recognised the one it joined - Hmm - approaching the club from the wrong direction - but Hey Ho - Having been "Temporarily misplaced" I was now "found" again - and I plodded up to the club. It was only a slight detour.
:o)
Had a good stretch - Said "Hi" to a few bods I knew, and a whole load I didn't.. Then Karen arrived and we shot home - Her on her bike - me in 1100's
Seemed like a good opportunity to open the legs up a bit - so I did..!!!!!
Numbers.....
Run1

Distance: 3.28 miles
Time: 24:08
Pace: 7:22 min/mile
AvHR: 170 bpm
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 7:18 | 7:18 | 157 |
| 2 | 7:18 | 14:37 | 177 |
| 3 | 7:41 | 22:18 | 173 |
| 0.28 | 6:41 | 24:08 | 175 |
| Run | 7:22 | 24:08 | 170 |
Run2
Distance: 1.48 miles
Time: 10:05
Pace: 6:48 min/mile
| Mile | Pace | Time |
| 1 | 6:57 | 6:57 |
| 0.48 | 6:31 | 10:05 |
| Plod | 6:48 | 10:05 |






5 Comments:
[Nods]
[Big hugs for when you get home]
xxxxx
By
womble, on 04 January, 2006 13:01
Didn't know I could cycle that fast!
By
womble, on 04 January, 2006 23:05
gorgeous pics!
By
Evil Pixie, on 04 January, 2006 23:18
Womble: Hee Hee - you didn't honey.. I had done all my stretching before you got back....
Well... nearly
;o)
Pix: Aren't they... there are positive moments to be found in most circumstances.. in this case a bit of really quiet quality time by the river - just me and the kids - oh - and keeping bottoms warm on the bonnet of the car
:-D
Laura: Thanks you for that... sometimes it's easy to lose perspective, and switching between the various roles that life gives us can be quite difficult - and balancing them even harder. It often seems like I can't get it right on any level, which I know is illogical. It was pointed out to me that over the last week that I have had to juggle at least four different roles - often at the same time. And yes - I didn't get it right all of the time - and I find that a difficult concept to deal with at times.
By
Leon, on 05 January, 2006 14:10
Blimey Leon that littlest one is getting big isn't she..?!!! :o)
Lovely pics - your little ones are always smiling in your pics, did you notice that..?
¦oD
By
Cath Delaney, on 05 January, 2006 16:03
Post a Comment
<< Home