New Improved Legs
It's true - the Super-Duper New Improved Version of my otherwise old and decrepit legs have arrived.. Santa brought them and everything..!!!!
And because there were a Chrismas present, it seemed slightly rude not to play with them.
So - they were carefully unwrapped and inserted into various item of Lycra - well, didn't want them to get all cold on thier first outing!! - and stepped gingerly out into the slightly bracing coldness that seems to be pervading our little island at the moment.
So this was going to be a start slowly and get slower kind of run - mostly to make sure that everything was working as it should. Initial impressions were good. The Run-Much-More-And-I'm-Going-To-Tear-Myself-To-Shreds feeling from my left Hamstring was gone
Yippee
Mr Hurty Man had cautioned me to check out my tracking (knees hips etc) to see if freeing up al those Stuck-Together-Muscles had made any difference to the dynamics of my legs. No running in the fashion of a crustatean was evident, so I guess that's okay then.
Interestingly - even New Improved Legs can't disguise the effects of lack of running... and so they weren't magically super-fit as well.
[glum face]
But running was pretty comfortable. It's clear that they are going to take a bit of time to settle down and 'even out' though. I got some tightness much higher up in my left hammy. I suspect that it'll settle down over the next few weeks, and I'm just going to have to do all the balancing stretches I've been advised and take it a bit easy for the moment.
'Cos I do that - don't I..??!!
okay, the numbers - which aren't really that important today. It was about getting out, test the legs, and enjoying the crisp cold day!
Distance: 7.88 Miles
Pace: 8:45 min/mile
AvHR: 168 bpm
And because there were a Chrismas present, it seemed slightly rude not to play with them.
So - they were carefully unwrapped and inserted into various item of Lycra - well, didn't want them to get all cold on thier first outing!! - and stepped gingerly out into the slightly bracing coldness that seems to be pervading our little island at the moment.
So this was going to be a start slowly and get slower kind of run - mostly to make sure that everything was working as it should. Initial impressions were good. The Run-Much-More-And-I'm-Going-To-Tear-Myself-To-Shreds feeling from my left Hamstring was gone
Yippee
Mr Hurty Man had cautioned me to check out my tracking (knees hips etc) to see if freeing up al those Stuck-Together-Muscles had made any difference to the dynamics of my legs. No running in the fashion of a crustatean was evident, so I guess that's okay then.
Interestingly - even New Improved Legs can't disguise the effects of lack of running... and so they weren't magically super-fit as well.
[glum face]
But running was pretty comfortable. It's clear that they are going to take a bit of time to settle down and 'even out' though. I got some tightness much higher up in my left hammy. I suspect that it'll settle down over the next few weeks, and I'm just going to have to do all the balancing stretches I've been advised and take it a bit easy for the moment.
'Cos I do that - don't I..??!!
okay, the numbers - which aren't really that important today. It was about getting out, test the legs, and enjoying the crisp cold day!
Distance: 7.88 Miles
Pace: 8:45 min/mile
AvHR: 168 bpm
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 8:18 | 8:18 | n/a |
| 2 | 8:29 | 16:47 | 161 |
| 3 | 8:45 | 25:33 | 172 |
| 4 | 8:44 | 34:17 | 166 |
| 5 | 8:56 | 43:13 | 172 |
| 6 | 9:10 | 52:24 | 168 |
| 7 | 8:57 | 1:01:22 | 172 |
| 0.88 | 7:29 | 1:08:53 | 171 |
| 7.88 | 8:45 | 68:53 | 168 |


3 Comments:
pleased you got out there
mm stretching
[beanz goes off to stretch]
By
beanz, on 29 December, 2005 21:47
stretching?
what's that?
glad you didn't go too far too
I mean a short 7.88m trot! HAHA
[slap]
now behave!
By
Evil Pixie, on 29 December, 2005 23:40
[yawn]
When did that happen???
By
womble, on 30 December, 2005 15:30
Post a Comment
<< Home