"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday - Hmmmm :o|

Bah Humbug!!!!

I feel well - slightly dribbly nose perhaps but nothing more..
RHR is 42 (which is good for me - the LOWEST it's ever been is 38)
Chest feels and sounds clear (at rest)

BUT

Yesterday's run tends to suggest otherwise - 2 things that I need to think about

Thing 1

Couldn't keep my HR down. Karen had to turn back after 1.7 miles - tight chest and heavy legs, and feeling particularly grotty. So she said to me - "Keep the pace down, nothing faster than 8:30min/mile pace - I'll be checking the Garmin when you get back"
Fat chance of that - I started back up again and HR was almost instantly in the High 160's - and I found myself running at the HR I ran Brass Monkey (Where I did 1:39) at 9:15 - 9:45 pace

and it took 20 mins for it to drop below 100 once I finished

So - I feel well - but the physiological signs are all suggesting otherwise.
Yes - typical nurse, I know - but what 's the point in knowing about some of this stuff if you don't use it!

Thing 2

My right foot isn't right - well it is 'right' obviously, but it isn't...
Oh.... you know what I mean..!!
Very gentle plod followed by sitting in the car for nearly 8 hours to collect the kiddiwinks = very sore foot - very stiff - and a VERY focal point of pain.

A Phizz visit will HAVE to happen soon - it's been 10 weeks since I hurt it at Abingdon, and it's not got any better with rest... so I need it properly assessing...

Come Hell or High Water, I WILL be fit for FLM and I WILL be aiming for a spectacular time..
As a side comment - new shoes (correctly sized) - are great
:o)

Yesterdays run


Mile
Pace
Time
AvHR
Run
9:30
1:42:52
162
1
9:32
9:32
N/A
2
9:14
18:46
142
3
9:17
28:04
166
4
9:20
37:24
158
5
9:39
47:03
164
6
9:51
56:54
168
7
9:53
1:06:48
169
8
9:15
1:16:03
167
9
9:41
1:25:45
168
10
9:22
1:35:08
168
0.8
9:19
1:42:52
172

5 Comments:

  • How very odd. Did you check you double check your pulse the old fashioned way, just in case it was a fault with the HRM?

    By Blogger RobW, on 17 December, 2005 21:07  

  • I did Robert - and it was accurate!!
    Snuffly nose is obviously slightly more than that!!!!!

    But I was tired....
    And I hadn't run for quite some time....

    But I think I'm a bit 'viral' so need to be cautious too..

    On the other hand, It was a proper Long Slow Distance - so it would seem that I am starting to learn from my previous mistakes!!!!

    :o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 17 December, 2005 22:37  

  • Don't you think 10 miles is a bit too much off the back of hardly any training...? You would have a fit at me if I did that..!!

    By Blogger Cath Delaney, on 18 December, 2005 13:03  

  • Possibly it was Cath, but there are no ill effects in my legs - they easily coped with it, and I was really sensible and ran to my HR and ignored the pace..
    Didn't get tired and it is the only run of the week - and the LSD is the most important one after all.

    By Blogger Leon, on 18 December, 2005 21:22  

  • let you off

    By Blogger Cath Delaney, on 19 December, 2005 11:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home