Happy New Year
A Very Happy New Year to everyone... I've a feeling it's going to be a really good one
Brekky in bed for Karen - start as you mean to go on eh..????
Little things..!!
:o)
Having been suitably inspired (Thanks Cath).....
...I'm off out for a Long(ish) Slow one
Report back later
Later
Nice little run in Richmond Park - a second outing for New Improved Legs - and a plan to run to a HR and not worry about pace. Thought I'd do the anti-clockwise circumnavigation of the Park - it's a route that has quite a lot of "Up" to about 7 miles, and then gets a tad easier (kind of) for the next nearly 4..!!
It was one of those runs where I got into a nice Bounce along rhythm, and for the first time in ages there was a period - between 7 and 8½ Miles - where I lost myself in it. That hasn't happened for a while..!!
There is a good chance, running here, that you'll bump into someone you know, and today was no exception. At 5½ Miles and again at 9 I saw 'Spans' from the Forum. Excellent :o)
So how did the Leg-like things perform...??
Pretty good actually.
The previously problematic area was fine - there was little tightness in the upper part of my left Hamstring, and a slight stiffness on the inside of my Left Knee. I
think that my legs must be 'tracking' marginally differently to before. I'm sure they just aren't used to all the muscles working properly, and they will take a little while to find their balance point. So - in the meantime - I'll Stretch them a lot.. gets some miles into then.. and just let them sort themselves out.
So - the numbers....
Distance: 10.81 Miles
Time: 1:37:26
Pace: 9:01 min/mile
AvHR: 161
Brekky in bed for Karen - start as you mean to go on eh..????
Little things..!!
:o)
Having been suitably inspired (Thanks Cath).....
...I'm off out for a Long(ish) Slow one
Report back later
Later
Nice little run in Richmond Park - a second outing for New Improved Legs - and a plan to run to a HR and not worry about pace. Thought I'd do the anti-clockwise circumnavigation of the Park - it's a route that has quite a lot of "Up" to about 7 miles, and then gets a tad easier (kind of) for the next nearly 4..!!
It was one of those runs where I got into a nice Bounce along rhythm, and for the first time in ages there was a period - between 7 and 8½ Miles - where I lost myself in it. That hasn't happened for a while..!!
There is a good chance, running here, that you'll bump into someone you know, and today was no exception. At 5½ Miles and again at 9 I saw 'Spans' from the Forum. Excellent :o)
So how did the Leg-like things perform...??
Pretty good actually.
The previously problematic area was fine - there was little tightness in the upper part of my left Hamstring, and a slight stiffness on the inside of my Left Knee. I
think that my legs must be 'tracking' marginally differently to before. I'm sure they just aren't used to all the muscles working properly, and they will take a little while to find their balance point. So - in the meantime - I'll Stretch them a lot.. gets some miles into then.. and just let them sort themselves out.So - the numbers....
Distance: 10.81 Miles
Time: 1:37:26
Pace: 9:01 min/mile
AvHR: 161
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 8:38 | 8:38 | 148 |
| 2 | 9:06 | 17:45 | 158 |
| 3 | 9:12 | 26:57 | 160 |
| 4 | 8:35 | 35:33 | 158 |
| 5 | 8:56 | 44:29 | 164 |
| 6 | 9:17 | 53:46 | 167 |
| 7 | 9:24 | 1:03:10 | 167 |
| 8 | 8:47 | 1:11:58 | 163 |
| 9 | 9:21 | 1:12;19 | 162 |
| 10 | 8:53 | 1:30:13 | 168 |
| 0.81 | 8:54 | 1:37:26 | 167 |
| Run | 9:01 | 1:37:26 | 162 |


5 Comments:
Show off!
:op
Good run tho.. glad the new pegs is working okay.
:-D
By
Cath Delaney, on 01 January, 2006 22:07
Didja like my picture
Though it would be interesting to put the pace graph and Elevation profile together just to compare them
Thanks Cath.. New Legs - I recommend them...
..and the Hurty-Cure-You-Meister is fantastic
:o)
By
Leon, on 01 January, 2006 22:43
what a difference a year makes, eh?
good run
By
beanz, on 02 January, 2006 10:51
Happy New Year!
God, what a lazy swamp donkey I was yesterday compared with you!
Need to get my a*se in gear now I am well enough to run again!!!!!!
By
Charlie Chuckles, on 02 January, 2006 14:03
look at you with your fancy charts!
[sulks]
keep up the NIL work won't you cos I need to see you speed by at FLM to see what speed is supposed to be!!
By
Evil Pixie, on 02 January, 2006 23:55
Post a Comment
<< Home