Wednesday
Funny ol' day this one..!!
Yesterday I transported a babe back to their local hospital, and because it was a long trip, and I got back late, I was told that I didn't have to come into work until about lunch time..!!! Taking time owing immediately - how great is that..??!!!
So - all alarming and beeping and noise making devices were switched off and silenced in one way or another, and the joy of waking when you are ready to and being able to potter about having a leisurely breakfast (which was made for me - [beams]) - then ride to work feeling all refreshed and not tired....
That was good that was..!!!
Apparently I was early!!!
"What are you doing here already..??"
"Well - there's taking time back and there's taking the P*ss"
"You should have taken the P*ss - I'd have never known... I said you could come in at lunchtime..!!!"
Really made me laugh :o)
So got to be a 'float' Nurse today - that's the one where you rush around all day assisting everyone else in any way you can - feet don't touch the ground - and you don't have your own seat!!!!!!
Makes the shift go quickly though
..and gives you plenty of opportunities for Micro-Teaching sessions with the junior staff
and I hit the place like a whirlwind today - it was great
And some absolutely FANTASTIC news. My best friend, the one I've known since I was a dot, finally got the promotion he has deserved for what seems like ages.... and he phoned me to tell me!!
:o)
I was bouncing up and down on my seat during my coffee break like a man possessed - Lots of strange looks from bemused colleagues, but Hey, who cares..?? He has worked SO hard for this - and it REALLY made my day that he got it..
Well done Guy - Really Proud of you my friend :o)
Poignant note - sat here at the computer flicking through photos - and had a - 'have to breathe deep - missing my children' - moment. I think in part it was because I'd been talking about them with one of my colleagues (who I've known for about seven years!!). I spoke to them this evening and they sounded pretty okay
21:45
ROFPMSL....... that was funny...
Karen just came in from the club - and it went like this...
"Ooooooooh...
I've been running...
It was horrible...
I've become a "Snail" - I should only go on a Monday"
Yesterday I transported a babe back to their local hospital, and because it was a long trip, and I got back late, I was told that I didn't have to come into work until about lunch time..!!! Taking time owing immediately - how great is that..??!!!
So - all alarming and beeping and noise making devices were switched off and silenced in one way or another, and the joy of waking when you are ready to and being able to potter about having a leisurely breakfast (which was made for me - [beams]) - then ride to work feeling all refreshed and not tired....
That was good that was..!!!
Apparently I was early!!!
"What are you doing here already..??"
"Well - there's taking time back and there's taking the P*ss"
"You should have taken the P*ss - I'd have never known... I said you could come in at lunchtime..!!!"
Really made me laugh :o)
So got to be a 'float' Nurse today - that's the one where you rush around all day assisting everyone else in any way you can - feet don't touch the ground - and you don't have your own seat!!!!!!
Makes the shift go quickly though
..and gives you plenty of opportunities for Micro-Teaching sessions with the junior staff
and I hit the place like a whirlwind today - it was great
And some absolutely FANTASTIC news. My best friend, the one I've known since I was a dot, finally got the promotion he has deserved for what seems like ages.... and he phoned me to tell me!!
:o)
I was bouncing up and down on my seat during my coffee break like a man possessed - Lots of strange looks from bemused colleagues, but Hey, who cares..?? He has worked SO hard for this - and it REALLY made my day that he got it..
Well done Guy - Really Proud of you my friend :o)
Poignant note - sat here at the computer flicking through photos - and had a - 'have to breathe deep - missing my children' - moment. I think in part it was because I'd been talking about them with one of my colleagues (who I've known for about seven years!!). I spoke to them this evening and they sounded pretty okay
21:45
ROFPMSL....... that was funny...
Karen just came in from the club - and it went like this...
"Ooooooooh...
I've been running...
It was horrible...
I've become a "Snail" - I should only go on a Monday"


4 Comments:
[slithers in]
:-((
By
womble, on 21 December, 2005 23:05
faster snail than me womble so I must be a slug
Leon you are wonderful! Just wanted to say that!
By
Evil Pixie, on 22 December, 2005 12:18
Tell Guy I said Congratulations!!!
:o)
>>>beam<<<
By
Cath Delaney, on 22 December, 2005 20:29
Womble: Right - Speedy Work for you my lovely
;o)
Pix: Don't think I have done anything to justify that.... but thankyou
:o)
Cath: Thanks you... He'll really appreciate it
:o)
I am SO made up about this. He has worked harder than anyone for it, and
it's Waaaaay overdue.
By
Leon, on 22 December, 2005 21:46
Post a Comment
<< Home