Wednesday - Hmmm
Resting HR was 58 this morning...
So thought better of an early morning run that I had planned...
Have been harbouring a sore throat and swollen glands in my neck for the past few days. Glands have gone down today, so 'Whatever-It-Was' virus is subsiding..
Might go to the club tonight though, and run with the intermediate group, just to get out there and put in a few miles, without it being too strenuous.
16:30
Just been for my follow-up appointment with
Mr Cure-Poorly-Legs-With-An-Evil-Smile-And-"This'll -Hurt-You-More-Than-Me" Person.
Apparently he needed to do some more stuff to me which he couldn't do last week because of the swelling!!!
And has told me that I shouldn't have another 'Deep Treatment' for about 5 weeks while my legs recover from this one!!
(His words - not mine!!)
Shame eh...???!!!
But I can run and he said to get in touch with him if I need any work doing on my pins in the future - pre FLM for example!!
I'm going to see whether he's done me some good first. Actually, I can already feel the benefit of what he did - but a good hard run will show me more than pottering about.
Talking of which - I was intrigued about something. I'm a pretty quick walker - so I thought it'd be a giggle to 'Garmin' my walk to town - to see Mr Cure-Poorly-Legs-With-A........
Oh -- You know who I mean!!!
Distance: 1 Mile
Time: 13:53
Pace: errrrr... 13:53 min/mile
Club tonight or not...?????


5 Comments:
if you are under the weather don't run!
You will only delay recovery or even make it come straight back - see my blog over the last few months!
By
Evil Pixie, on 28 December, 2005 15:16
[nagnagnag]
what she said..
;o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 28 December, 2005 16:38
okay okay....
I was well behaved, and didn't run, but if my RHR is down in the morning - I'm going to try out my new improved legs!!
:o)
By
Leon, on 28 December, 2005 23:03
only if it within a few beats (ie less than 5) of normal MR!
By
Evil Pixie, on 28 December, 2005 23:26
That's sound advice from pix there. Giovanni is holiday at the moment so I don't want to have to come up to the big smoke myself.
By
RobW, on 29 December, 2005 20:27
Post a Comment
<< Home