"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thursday


Seemed like a good idea to get a decent run in today...
Karen suggested that we should get as far as the Park, and then I would do a figure of 8 route while she did the anti clockwise loop - What that meant was that we ran together for 3½ miles, whch was a good warm up for me and meant Karen ran a little faster than she might have otherwise..

We met up again at 6.9 miles (for me) and again once we reached the end on the Park...

and we plodded gently back home - warming down for both of us.

Mrs Garmin had decided that she was exhausted and needed 'pepping-up' a bit - and so had to be left at home - so some of the splits are at strange intervals - such as the point at which Karen and I starting running on oour own - the point at which we passed, and when we met up again - so that we could make some sense of how Karen had done in the absense of the requisite technology....

:o)

It was a pretty long run for me given the current state of my fitness - and I was quite tired at the point of the second crossing of the Park (at 9½ miles)...

So it was 20 minutes in the icy bath for me once we got home..!!!

Ah the joy

:o)

OK here are the numbers

Distance: 13.83 Miles

Time: 2:03:35

Pace: 8:56 min/mile (overall)

AvHR: 163 (overall)


Mile
Pace
Time
AvHR
1
9:27
9:27
.
2
9:42
19:09
143
3
10:03
29:13
152
3.56
9:09
34:20
.
4
8:10
38:01
152
5
7:59
46:01
173
6
8:20
54:22
177
6.88
7:45
1:01:14
.
7
7:36
1:02:04
176
8
7:48
1:0952
178
9
8:12
1:18:05
174
10
8:16
1:26:21
175
11
8:02
1:34:23
176
11.9
8:24
1:42:03

12
10:36
1:43:02
173
13
11:09
1:54:11
150
13.83
11:17
2:03:35
156
Run
8:56
123:35
163



8 Comments:

  • brilliant run!
    I'll be there with you one day pace wise! No honest I will
    but NO WAY am I doing the bath thing
    took me long enough to warm up today as it was!

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 05 January, 2006 22:52  

  • Mind you, he was wearing a fleece and woolly hat and hugging a mug of G&B hot choc drink :o)

    [Wasn't I supposed to say that?]

    By Blogger womble, on 05 January, 2006 23:50  

  • Thanks Pix
    :o)
    Keep working at it hun, the improvements will come...

    The bath thing really does work... not that I'd suggest to anyone else that they should do it too..!!!!

    And I was shown the wisdom of the woolly hat, Fleece and a hot drink by someone who plunges into the icy depths more than I do!

    I call it - Sensible foolishness

    ;o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 05 January, 2006 23:58  

  • "[i]And I was shown the wisdom of the woolly hat, Fleece and a hot drink by someone who plunges into the icy depths more than I do![/i]"

    Can't be me then..

    ;o)

    By Blogger Cath Delaney, on 06 January, 2006 10:16  

  • I am jealous Leon, sounds like a fab run!

    Going to get my arse in gear later today and do a 6 miler around my village but nothing as nice as your run unfortunately.

    By Blogger Charlie Chuckles, on 06 January, 2006 10:38  

  • Ice Bath Queen: Yup - I guess that'll be you then...
    ;o)
    and guess what - NO leg stiffness this morning!!!!
    :o)
    Charlie: It was a good run - and feeling pretty good this morning.
    Will pop out for a gentle 5 miles a bit later...

    By Blogger Leon, on 06 January, 2006 12:03  

  • Leon: Moi..? Don't know what you mean! ;o) Reckon that's what's been up with me lately - been ice-bath-lazy haven't I..!!!

    Laura: Aaaw g'waaan, you know you want to!

    ;o)

    By Blogger Cath Delaney, on 06 January, 2006 16:47  

  • Well - there's your answer Cath

    Now stop nancying around.. and immerse yourself in cold stuff after you exercise!!!!

    ;o)

    Recommend Green and Blacks Hot Choccy as the yummee warm drink BTW..!!!

    :-D

    By Blogger Leon, on 06 January, 2006 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home