Tuesday - Run and Bike
Just neeed to swim and I'll be a Budding Triathlete
Unexpectedly got to do rather more exercise that I thought I would today.
The run early this afternoon was arranged - run to bike shop so that a friend could drop off his bike for it to be serviced - and then run gently back to his house!!
He hasn't run for absolutely ages and so we took it really easy.. and it was really enjoyable!!!!
Bike man said the bike would be ready later in the afternoon, which was a bonus..
So ran quite hard out - and easy back - numbers are here:
Distance:- 5 Miles
Pace:- 7:51 min/mile (~7 m/m out and 8:40 back)
The shop was at exactly 2½ miles.
So 2½ miles were at about 7 mi/mile pace - and 2½ miles were at about 8:40 pace
A good short work out for both of us I think!!!!
Then in the evening - A bike ride along the same route that I ran last Wednesday - borrowed newly serviced bike for this as I don't have one of my own here!!!
I had forgotten how much I enjoy cycling - this was a great reminder of it - 14 ½ miles of road, path and trail, with two friends too...
Excellent!!
Here are those numbers!!!!
Distance:- 14½ Miles
Time:- 69:24
Pace:- 4:46 min/mile
Speed:- 12.6 mph
The run early this afternoon was arranged - run to bike shop so that a friend could drop off his bike for it to be serviced - and then run gently back to his house!!
He hasn't run for absolutely ages and so we took it really easy.. and it was really enjoyable!!!!
Bike man said the bike would be ready later in the afternoon, which was a bonus..
So ran quite hard out - and easy back - numbers are here:
Distance:- 5 Miles
Pace:- 7:51 min/mile (~7 m/m out and 8:40 back)
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Total |
| Pace | 7:04 | 6:57 | 7:51 | 8:42 | 8:39 | 7:51 |
| Time | 7:04 | 14:02 | 21:53 | 30:36 | 39:16 | 39:36 |
The shop was at exactly 2½ miles.
So 2½ miles were at about 7 mi/mile pace - and 2½ miles were at about 8:40 pace
A good short work out for both of us I think!!!!
Then in the evening - A bike ride along the same route that I ran last Wednesday - borrowed newly serviced bike for this as I don't have one of my own here!!!
I had forgotten how much I enjoy cycling - this was a great reminder of it - 14 ½ miles of road, path and trail, with two friends too...
Excellent!!
Here are those numbers!!!!
Distance:- 14½ Miles
Time:- 69:24
Pace:- 4:46 min/mile
Speed:- 12.6 mph
| Mile | Pace mi/mile | Speed mph | Time |
| 1 | 4:09 | 14.4 | 4:09 |
| 2 | 4:42 | 12.7 | 8:52 |
| 3 | 5:06 | 11.8 | 13:58 |
| 4 | 5:16 | 11.4 | 19:14 |
| 5 | 4:34 | 13.1 | 23:49 |
| 6 | 5:04 | 11.8 | 28:54 |
| 7 | 5:01 | 12.0 | 33:55 |
| 8 | 4:50 | 12.4 | 38:45 |
| 9 | 4:44 | 12.7 | 43:30 |
| 10 | 4:59 | 12.0 | 48:29 |
| 11 | 5:05 | 11.8 | 53:35 |
| 12 | 5:02 | 11.9 | 58:37 |
| 13 | 4:22 | 13.7 | 62:59 |
| 14 | 4:15 | 14.1 | 67:15 |
| 14.5 | 4:00 | 15.0 | 69:24 |


10 Comments:
Rest day on Wednesday?
;o))
By
womble, on 24 August, 2005 01:34
yet another pirate in the making !!!
have a good week :>)
By
beanz, on 24 August, 2005 06:51
LEON IS TRI TRAINING!
LEON IS TRI TRAINING!
LEON IS TRI TRAINING!
;o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 24 August, 2005 19:47
You know that you will have to be at Ironman 2007 as well - don't you Cath.
;o)
By
Leon, on 24 August, 2005 20:06
I'm already registered on the Pirates site as doing 2007 my dear!
:op
By
Cath Delaney, on 25 August, 2005 16:47
Go on then - how do I get registered as an official Piratey person then.....?
SmartyPants
:-p
By
Leon, on 25 August, 2005 22:56
go to the pirate site of course!!
:>)
By
beanz, on 25 August, 2005 23:18
www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk
By
XFR Bear, on 26 August, 2005 13:40
How was the swim on Thursday then?
By
womble, on 27 August, 2005 09:51
Ahh - that'll be the 'Run-Swim' then!!!
;o)
'twas WET!!!!!
By
Leon, on 27 August, 2005 22:29
Post a Comment
<< Home