"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday - Have to start training

I though it was about time I caught up!!!!
A lot has happened over the last week or so and I haven't had much time to sit down with it!!!!!

The overview:-

Since last weekend when I ran without a number in a 10K - just because I could, and because I love running, and because I was in the best company, and it was all about the moment.....
I have....

worked all week - No running (oops)

- been back down to Londinium - for the London social where I met a whole bunch of great people, and spent the weekend just where I wanted to be!!

Back to Liverpool for the most interminably boring Study Day....
...then popped to Glasgow for the evening and a hug and a Pizza....


So obviously - now I have my Sensible Head well and truly back on my shoulders......


...what......????

life is for living and you only get the one chance - so you had best make the best of it!!!!

;o)

I also did a couple of things
I entered 3 races for a start...

See over there -------->

I realised that if I'm going to have a running goal, that I had better think a bit more carefully about my training and running - and part of that means actually getting out there and doing some!!!!!!

I'm going to have to be disciplined about running to work and getting miles on my feet.... and I started the campaign with a truly fantastic long run around Richmond Park at the Weekend....

You know how it is...
...have trainers
...and HRM
...and Garmin
...and opportunity.............

will run!!!!!

So the plan was for either 10+ Miles - Run to the Park - run all the way round it - run back home....

OR..

13+ Miles doing a figure of 8 around the Park....
Guess which we did...........??
And Base Trainers, be VERY pround of me!!!!!!!!

Sunday 31st July


Distance:- 13.98 Miles
Time:-2hrs 16:15
Pace:- 9:46 min/mile
AvHR:- 153 bpm


Mile
Pace
AvHR
1
9:17
127
2
9:39
148
3
9:53
152
4
9:42
138
5
9:49
148
6
10:00
155
7
9:33
141
8
9:59
145
9
9:51
156
10
9:42
163
11
9:36
167
12
9:50
166
13
9:52
161
0.98
10:00
164
Run
9:46
153


Showed me a few things.....
I'm a bit unfit - look at the drift in the last 5!!!!!!
...and legs were well and truly 'tired' by the end

I need to look at the way I run on my Left foot - the one I injured Way-Back-When.
I realised that I supinate on it, which is putting a lot of strain on the ligament that I 'tweaked' last time. So it was a bit sore and I really don't want THAT injury again!!!!

Cold and icy baths are the BEST
Leg recovery was so quick..
So - I need to get training then.....

Sensibly though.......

9 Comments:

  • welcome back!

    {{}}

    Abingdon - ooh - that's an incentive to get down to some work then!

    By Blogger beanz, on 03 August, 2005 16:44  

  • I know - it's not that far away really. So enough work to get around and not get injured, and set a realistic goal for it!!!!

    Sounds like a plan ..eh..?

    :o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 03 August, 2005 17:15  

  • Unfit you say...

    Right, we need a whole new set of words for me then.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 03 August, 2005 18:09  

  • Leon... 1st soz about mail I've been doing loadsa mail lately and hubby thought he would be helpful and delete all the home ins quotes i had ... and your mail was in list! Grrrr
    Abingdon is Fab! Rob is doing Abingdon! Great start/finish in the stadium and a fast flat course for fast peeps!
    Now take care of that foot!

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 03 August, 2005 23:30  

  • Hill training this Friday?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 04 August, 2005 00:03  

  • Laura:- I was really tired by the end of that run!!!!! It was fantastic - but probably a little bit too far for a first LSD in months!!! Still - I think I survived it!!!
    and I re-discovered the run because you can thing - made all the better for the company I was in :-D

    Pix:- No worries about the mail!!! - I hadn't realisied Rob was going to be at Abingdon - Excellent :o)
    Will run today and make sure Mr foot is behaving..!!!

    Hill training on Friday....
    have I ever told you that I love hills - so yep - I'll be there!!!!!!!!!

    :-D

    By Blogger Leon, on 04 August, 2005 07:39  

  • I may be able to support at Abingdon
    I should be at my mum's cos we go on holiday on the monday and are leaving the car at her's and getting the train.
    Will make a note in my diary!

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 04 August, 2005 19:47  

  • It would be great to see you if yuo can get to Abingdon Pix!!!

    ... but ME... actually running it..?

    Bit scarey that!!!

    :o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 05 August, 2005 20:36  

  • see you at abingdon

    By Blogger b-z, on 08 August, 2005 17:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home