Thursday - 2 more Sleeps to Go
Today was sort the washing and Swimming Day.. Sort the washing because the kids have run out of clothes!!!!
... and Swimming because they love it and it wears them out!!!

Yesterday I had something of a micro-crisis.. had dinner planned- something I knew they would eat - and discovered that the oven...
...doesn't work
Yes - I know I've been here for 4 weeks, but this was the first time I had wanted to use the oven in all that time.... typical. First a decrepid washing machine and now a dysfunctional oven - i think this house is destined to make my life difficult!!!!
Anyway...
Swimming was great fun - hard work because it's difficult to entertain 3 children with the age range of mine - especially as the older boys wanted me to play games with them, and I couldn't leave Princess for a minute (remember the child on my last Unit..? - exactly..!). having said that - we did all play said game in the shallow end of the pool - and it was very very funny (I was the shark - they were fish, and therefore my food!!!!!) - Really hard work too - good cross-training, but mostly for the Upper Body!!!!!
Everyone is really tired now... which bodes well for a relatively early night. Which is just as well, because tomorrow is going to be very busy and long. Meeting my longest-standing friend and his family for the day - then popping to my sisters house to pick something up before trundling down to Wales so that my Mum can see the children. And then drop them off at their Mothers on Saturday morning
*PHEW*
Oh - and my weekend will only just be starting
... and Swimming because they love it and it wears them out!!!

Yesterday I had something of a micro-crisis.. had dinner planned- something I knew they would eat - and discovered that the oven...
...doesn't work
Yes - I know I've been here for 4 weeks, but this was the first time I had wanted to use the oven in all that time.... typical. First a decrepid washing machine and now a dysfunctional oven - i think this house is destined to make my life difficult!!!!
Anyway...
Swimming was great fun - hard work because it's difficult to entertain 3 children with the age range of mine - especially as the older boys wanted me to play games with them, and I couldn't leave Princess for a minute (remember the child on my last Unit..? - exactly..!). having said that - we did all play said game in the shallow end of the pool - and it was very very funny (I was the shark - they were fish, and therefore my food!!!!!) - Really hard work too - good cross-training, but mostly for the Upper Body!!!!!
Everyone is really tired now... which bodes well for a relatively early night. Which is just as well, because tomorrow is going to be very busy and long. Meeting my longest-standing friend and his family for the day - then popping to my sisters house to pick something up before trundling down to Wales so that my Mum can see the children. And then drop them off at their Mothers on Saturday morning
*PHEW*
Oh - and my weekend will only just be starting



13 Comments:
So they're all still alive and accounted for? That's brilliant. Well done.
By
womble, on 21 July, 2005 21:18
Hang on a minute....
"Kiiiiiiiids - Head count.....!"
1...
2...
ummm...
errrr..
Oh - there you are!!!!!
Yup - all present and correct :o)
By
Leon, on 21 July, 2005 21:31
[Phew]
Now all you've got to do is count them in the car before you leave the house tomorrow. And make sure you drop them *all* off at their place.
By
womble, on 21 July, 2005 23:04
Hmmm - the possibility of a stowaway....
That hadn't occurred to me!!!
I'll have to do a thorough search!!!!
By
Leon, on 21 July, 2005 23:34
Yes, you wouldn't want to end up back in Liverpool with a small guest!
By
womble, on 21 July, 2005 23:44
Liverpool...?
Did I say I was going to Liverpool ...?
By
Leon, on 21 July, 2005 23:48
Isn't that where you live?
By
womble, on 21 July, 2005 23:51
Yup
But not where I'm spending my weeekend
:-D
By
Leon, on 21 July, 2005 23:53
Really?
By
womble, on 22 July, 2005 01:29
Absolutely...!!!
:oD
By
Leon, on 22 July, 2005 09:53
Enjoy your weekend Leon.
By
Unknown, on 22 July, 2005 13:44
Back stalking again!
I'm facing the exact opposite from you now. My 2 children are with their father, his wife and their baby sister. I know they are having a great time with them, doing all the things that I never do.
And I'm having a great time as well, doing all the things that I never do.
Enjoy it all.
By
Anonymous, on 25 July, 2005 17:01
Laura, me too! Been there for a few years now. I believe my children are happier for it.
[Sorry, Leon, is this your blog?]
By
womble, on 26 July, 2005 00:26
Post a Comment
<< Home