Wednesday : Bad Day - Good Day
Friends are amazing you know
Mixed day on Wednesday - for anyone who hasn't heard..
I had a car accident on the Motorway on the way back to work in the early morning... Scared the living daylights out of me and shook me up, even though I wasn't hurt in the slightest, but it's damaged the car a bit.
First thought - text the person who needs to know about this the most, even though she'll still be in bed...
...and I contacted my Very Good Friend. She took me in - gave me a coffee, a much needed hug and the chance to talk and get some perspective - then dropped me home 'cos by then I probably wasn't safe to drive!!!
And we arranged to meet up after she finished work to go for a run
(you know how I sometimes NEED to run - well this was one of those days!)
and have something to eat afterwards
Next thing I know - getting emails and texts from the Liverpool crowd, and then - completely out of the blue - and invitation to go out and do some stuff, which was just fantastic. Just want to say.. Thanks Guys, you made a difficult day a whole lot better..
And so I went running with my close friend - and we talked and I ran and she rode alongside me - It's one of her regular routes that she has waxed lyrical to me about in the past - and now I know why.. It is a fantastic place to go. And as the miles went by - I could feel the tension in me dissipating. The pace was nice (HR suggests it was too fast - but this was about running and feeling safe in myself and spending time in the company of a friend)
Was tired by the end - and spent 20 mins in a cold (no ice unfortunately) bath
Here it is
Distance:- 15 Miles (plus a little bit which I've not charted)
Time:- 2 hr 8:10
Pace:- 8:32 mim/mile
AvHR:- 173
I am very lucky.....
I have great friends.....
I posted this back in May - and the truth of it has been very clearly shown to me over the last few days....
"The greatest gifts that human beings can both give and receive are simple really..
Love..
..and Friendship.
I absolutely believe in the human capacity for love. And the capacity to love completely in an infinite number of ways.
It is the greatest gift that we can give of ourselves - and certainly it is the greatest thing we can be given.
And friendship is inextricably linked to that.
This morning, I know that I am the luckiest person alive.
To have a completely equal love and friendship with another human being is a rare and precious thing."
I had a car accident on the Motorway on the way back to work in the early morning... Scared the living daylights out of me and shook me up, even though I wasn't hurt in the slightest, but it's damaged the car a bit.
First thought - text the person who needs to know about this the most, even though she'll still be in bed...
...and I contacted my Very Good Friend. She took me in - gave me a coffee, a much needed hug and the chance to talk and get some perspective - then dropped me home 'cos by then I probably wasn't safe to drive!!!
And we arranged to meet up after she finished work to go for a run
(you know how I sometimes NEED to run - well this was one of those days!)
and have something to eat afterwards
Next thing I know - getting emails and texts from the Liverpool crowd, and then - completely out of the blue - and invitation to go out and do some stuff, which was just fantastic. Just want to say.. Thanks Guys, you made a difficult day a whole lot better..
And so I went running with my close friend - and we talked and I ran and she rode alongside me - It's one of her regular routes that she has waxed lyrical to me about in the past - and now I know why.. It is a fantastic place to go. And as the miles went by - I could feel the tension in me dissipating. The pace was nice (HR suggests it was too fast - but this was about running and feeling safe in myself and spending time in the company of a friend)
Was tired by the end - and spent 20 mins in a cold (no ice unfortunately) bath
Here it is
Distance:- 15 Miles (plus a little bit which I've not charted)
Time:- 2 hr 8:10
Pace:- 8:32 mim/mile
AvHR:- 173
| Mile | Pace | AvHR | Time |
| 1 | 8:39 | 152 | 8:39 |
| 2 | 8:35 | 164 | 17:15 |
| 3 | 8:43 | 167 | 25:58 |
| 4 | 8:38 | 171 | 34:37 |
| 5 | 8:20 | 174 | 42:57 |
| 6 | 8:12 | 177 | 51:09 |
| 7 | 8:33 | 176 | 59:43 |
| 8 | 8:37 | 174 | 1:08:20 |
| 9 | 8:35 | 174 | 1:16:56 |
| 10 | 8:28 | 177 | 1:25:24 |
| 11 | 8:21 | 174 | 1:33:45 |
| 12 | 8:05 | 178 | 1:41:51 |
| 13 | 8:06 | 184 | 1:49:58 |
| 14 | 8:49 | 180 | 1:58:47 |
| 15 | 9:11 | 178 | 2:07:59 |
| Run | 8:32 | 173 | 2:07:59 |
I am very lucky.....
I have great friends.....
I posted this back in May - and the truth of it has been very clearly shown to me over the last few days....
"The greatest gifts that human beings can both give and receive are simple really..
Love..
..and Friendship.
I absolutely believe in the human capacity for love. And the capacity to love completely in an infinite number of ways.
It is the greatest gift that we can give of ourselves - and certainly it is the greatest thing we can be given.
And friendship is inextricably linked to that.
This morning, I know that I am the luckiest person alive.
To have a completely equal love and friendship with another human being is a rare and precious thing."


11 Comments:
Hi Leon - bit late with this but I don't have a phone no for you, or email addy and you haven't been on MSN - Cath told me about the accident - really glad that you weren't hurt - horrendous experience tho - the noise of cars crashing is SOOOOO loud isn't it?
Anyway - fab to see you n Womble on Saturday evening and to have a chin wag with you.
Take care huni.
By
Anonymous, on 19 August, 2005 09:51
You're safe. That's the most important thing. And yes, it is great to have such amazing friends.
By
womble, on 19 August, 2005 11:19
PM:- Thanks you.. still havinga bit of a bad time today - thought I was sorted, but.....
:o(
You have mail
Wombly:- I am safe - in every way, and for that I am truly happy. Just want Saturday to get here soon... :o)
By
Leon, on 19 August, 2005 13:11
((((((((((Leon))))))))))
By
womble, on 19 August, 2005 13:46
I didnt know about the crash
glad you are ok
By
b-z, on 19 August, 2005 19:58
hmmmmm ..... well I don't know about alright Benz 'cos if he was alright he wouldn't be joining me on the SDW next year!
hehehe
sucker!!
Damn did I just let that out! :-D
Friends are good!
By
Evil Pixie, on 19 August, 2005 20:12
[looks around alll dazed and confused]
I've agreed to do WHAT..?
By
Leon, on 19 August, 2005 21:12
{innocent smile!}
you know 30 hrs in the close company of some errrr 6 girlies!
Cool or what!
hehe
By
Evil Pixie, on 19 August, 2005 22:20
Of course, he hadn't realised that he was already in the sub-20 support team hehehehehe!
{taps foot} Did you????
By
womble, on 20 August, 2005 10:54
PS It's Saturday :D
By
womble, on 20 August, 2005 10:54
[wonders at the amazement of Leon having the girlies fighting over him]
;o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 20 August, 2005 15:31
Post a Comment
<< Home