"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday

editOccasionally you just need to do something because you can. No planning, just do it. And so I went to meet two good friends for a drink, some chat and something to eat. It seemed like it was about a Zillion degrees in the car, and I arrived with a puddle of me left somewhere, and the rest of me making like a raisin!!!
In the absence of Lucozade Sport, Earl Grey tea was the hydration fluid of choice - lots of it!!!

This was a really great evening..
What an excellent decision.

It was pointed out to me though, that if I really want to run FLM sub 3:15, that I'm going to have to do a lot of work, running wise, and it was also pointed out to me that I haven't entered any races yet either. Hmm.. need to look at that!

I spoke to the children at 20:30 - they sounded tired and Mr Speedy said they hadn't had tea yet. "I'm tired Dad, I want to go to bed...". Unfortunatey, Mum was out retreiving a sheep that had escaped into next door!!!!
The joys of livestock..eh..?

Other stuff from last night.. I had a long chat with a friend about her day, which was truly momentous, and I spent some time with a couple more friends on MSN too. Isn't amazing how this technological age can bring people together - people who are on the other side on the country - or even the other side of the world - can be 'with' you. I for one am truly grateful for it - because some of my best friends in reality started out as 'virtual' friends.... last night showed me the strength of that!!!!

So - today
Dad had his Op yesterday and L'il Sis texted me to say that he was starting to wake last night. With any luck he will have had a smooth and predictable post-op period and recovery, and he'll start irritating the B'Jeeeezus out of the staff later on.
I'll call shortly and find out what is happening.
I have work, well - Mandatotry (like - watching - paint - dry - only - less - exciting) Training today, so no clinical work. Ah well, the modern NHS ensures that here are plenty of 'hoops' to jump through before you can actually do anything that you are - in fact - trained to do
(Seems a bit silly really - but, there we are..!!!)
Nice gentle run to work for me today. Ran by feel and ignored the beepy things (apart from hitting the lap button on the HRM!). There was a nice cooling breeze and the air temperature hadn't got too high yet - so - very pleasant!!!


Distance:- 3.32 miles (wish the Garmin would make it's mind up about this distance!!!)
Time:- 27:00 minutes
Pace:- 8:08 min/mile
AvHR:- 161


Mile 1 2 3 0.32 Run
Pace 8:10 8:03 8:06 8:15 8:08
AvHR 151 163 166 169 161



15:45


Dad is awake - he's irritating the staff - Chest drains should come out later - the physio has had him out of bed already - and he's probably going to the ward tomorrow.

Excellent

(Cath - Thankyou for your reassurance)


18:00


The last session was cancelled - so got to run home a bit earlier than I had thought I would. Thought it would be nice to push on a bit... so I did. It wasn't flowing and easy, I'm really not in the kind of condition for that just yet, but it did feel good - just to run, concentrating on putting in the effort, and trying to keep the mind focused on not getting run over at the many juctions I have to cross
This would not be a Good Thing Crutches

Here are the jolly little numbers:-

Distance:- 3.31 miles (go figure!!)
Time:- 23:58 mins
Pace:- 7:14 min/mile
AvHR:- 170 bpm
Max HR:- 184

Mile 1 2 3 0.31 Run
Pace 7:13 7:13 7:13 7:22 7:14
AvHR . . . . 170

I inadvertantly lost the lap data on my HRM just now - so only the AvHR and Max HR for the session remain.
I had NO idea that the splits were like that - How COOL is that .

It's a nice evening not too hot or muggy - so I am going to go out and sample the delights of the Mersey this evening. It'll be good to get out of the (really almost) tidy house
Winky 2

13 Comments:

  • pleased it turned into a good day :>)

    nice evenly paced running there!

    no shortage of races in the calendar - you'd better get your diary out

    By Blogger beanz, on 13 July, 2005 12:34  

  • DIARY.........!!!

    I knew there was something missing in my ultra tidy,organised house!!!

    ;o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 13 July, 2005 12:59  

  • sounds a good day all round. good to hear.

    I definately found on the lead up to the marathon that entering races were a great motivator. Something to aim for other than the big FLM day itself.

    By Blogger Unknown, on 13 July, 2005 14:05  

  • great news!

    By Blogger beanz, on 13 July, 2005 16:21  

  • eeew


    I know they've cleaned it up but I am not sure the Mersey is ready for sampling....

    ....don't forget it's been through Manchester on its way to you (in more ways than one probably)

    By Blogger beanz, on 13 July, 2005 22:37  

  • leon



    Nice to see you


    glad dad is ok
    xxxxxxxxxx

    By Blogger b-z, on 13 July, 2005 23:14  

  • beanz: The banks of the Mersey.... was quiet - water lapping on the rocks - Moon shining across the water - gentle breeze - and time to 'think' and 'be'

    Ruth: It was a nice evening :o)

    I believe they've kicked Dad out of ICU now, and sent him to HDU (or maybe that's happening in the morning - Mum was a bit 'vague'!!!)
    So - seems to be doing OK - they're talking about discharging him on Tuesday apparently as long as all remains well

    By Blogger Leon, on 14 July, 2005 01:17  

  • Blimey, you've done well if your house is now tidy ;-)

    Sounds like it's getting a bit better again since the weekend. And today looks like it was a JFDI day! They're great sometimes.

    Karen
    x

    By Blogger womble, on 14 July, 2005 01:48  

  • good - pleased the Mersey showed you its good side

    sorry for being facetious :<(

    By Blogger beanz, on 14 July, 2005 05:19  

  • AH - glad to hear your Dad is doing okay - good news we all need at the mo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 14 July, 2005 09:49  

  • Brass Monkey??

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 14 July, 2005 13:54  

  • My sae has gone Pix - so I'm definitely planning to race it

    By Blogger Leon, on 14 July, 2005 17:01  

  • PM:-You are SO right..
    Latest update - Dad is back on the ward today (Thursday). A few little hic-ups in HDU apparently, but he's OK now!!

    By Blogger Leon, on 14 July, 2005 21:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home