Friday - Still not settled
How impatient am I....?
Nice run though :o)
It would seem that a number of my friends were planning to run early this morning - So I had thought that I might do the same. So when I woke I thought hmm - seems quiet outside, maybe I'll get up and go now.
Then I looked at the clock
04:17
I tell you - this waking at the crack of Idiocy o'clock is really starting to get on my nerves.
So I lay there for a while and dozed a bit until I was being driven insane with the pointlessness of it all - and I got up and went for said run.
Here it is:-
Distance: 4.3 Miles
Time: 37:18 minutes
Pace: 8:43 min/Mile
AvHR: 157 bpm
Legs are still feeling the effects of the Club session on Tuesday. I had planned to go to club yesterday too, but I wasn't feeling up to it - and I would never have kept up anyway (well I might have, but it would have been a bad idea). So I did something else that was much more constuctive and enjoyable instead. And had a rest day!!!
Running this morning - although not flowing and easy like it has been in the distant past...
;o)
...provided me with that 'empty your head and exist for a moment' thing that I find so important. I found myself asking myself the question "Is second best good enough..?" Not quite sure why it came into my head but it did - and it wouldn't go away. So I gave it some space to develop.... and I came to the conclusion that - for me at least - it isn't.
So - what to do about it..?
Live - completely
Give everything of yourself to the people you love..
Be the best that you can in everything that you do..
Listen to your soul - It'll tell you when you are on track..
..and run more - because that is when you have your objective quiet moments.!!!!
Any thoughts Wise People..?
OK - head seems a bit clearer now
Just got to sort out the rest of the mess - please don't come and visit yet - the place looks a bit like a student house (without 8 week old dirty plates in the sink that is - can't do dirty - just messy!!!!!!!!)
Then I looked at the clock
04:17
I tell you - this waking at the crack of Idiocy o'clock is really starting to get on my nerves.
So I lay there for a while and dozed a bit until I was being driven insane with the pointlessness of it all - and I got up and went for said run.
Here it is:-
Distance: 4.3 Miles
Time: 37:18 minutes
Pace: 8:43 min/Mile
AvHR: 157 bpm
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 0.3 | Run |
| Pace | 7:57 | 8:51 | 8:57 | 8:53 | 9:36 | 8:43 |
| AvHR | 147 | 160 | 159 | 160 | 163 | 157 |
Legs are still feeling the effects of the Club session on Tuesday. I had planned to go to club yesterday too, but I wasn't feeling up to it - and I would never have kept up anyway (well I might have, but it would have been a bad idea). So I did something else that was much more constuctive and enjoyable instead. And had a rest day!!!
Running this morning - although not flowing and easy like it has been in the distant past...
;o)
...provided me with that 'empty your head and exist for a moment' thing that I find so important. I found myself asking myself the question "Is second best good enough..?" Not quite sure why it came into my head but it did - and it wouldn't go away. So I gave it some space to develop.... and I came to the conclusion that - for me at least - it isn't.
So - what to do about it..?
Live - completely
Give everything of yourself to the people you love..
Be the best that you can in everything that you do..
Listen to your soul - It'll tell you when you are on track..
..and run more - because that is when you have your objective quiet moments.!!!!
Any thoughts Wise People..?
OK - head seems a bit clearer now
Just got to sort out the rest of the mess - please don't come and visit yet - the place looks a bit like a student house (without 8 week old dirty plates in the sink that is - can't do dirty - just messy!!!!!!!!)


8 Comments:
sounds good to me
moving house is always an upheaval (sp?) and new job at the same time bound to take some bedding down
I expect it will get more settled once you start work next week
{{{}}}
By
beanz, on 24 June, 2005 11:36
might think about the secondbest thing on my run
Im existing , not living at the moment
By
b-z, on 24 June, 2005 12:36
you don't live with my hubby then! We were unpacked completely within 24hrs of moving in! Drove me nuts!
Good run though Leon
Living is good
By
Evil Pixie, on 24 June, 2005 13:55
Hey, at least your run was fast (in my books anyway)
All I can say is Live a Little...
By
Anonymous, on 24 June, 2005 17:47
Beanz: I'm sure you are right - Having a whole week off before satrting in some ways was a bad idea - too much rattling around. On the other hand it has given me the opportunity to see some friends and do some other stuff too!!
Ruth: I had bee existing for years - now I'm not, and in some ways it's more difficult - but I'm NEVER going back to where I was... EVER.
Pix: I would have loved to have been able to have been un packed and done that quickly - but things are starting to take shape now :o)
Laura : It is great to be running again - and I can feel that things are moving in the right direction there.
And the living thing - is SOOOOOOO much better than it has been for a while!!!!
..and it is getting better.....
[Ready to catch me.....?]
By
Leon, on 24 June, 2005 20:31
Leon
I don't know if second best is good enough because I don't know what the best is. All I know is pocess - the act of trying to do things honestly and with attention.
you can do your job well and enjoy it
you can be a loving and caring parent and find satisfaction
you can be open and responsive to those you love
and you can run
I don't know whether this is first, second or third best but it sounds pretty damn good.
By
Highway Kind, on 24 June, 2005 22:13
Highway
you are great
By
b-z, on 24 June, 2005 23:13
Highway Kind: Exactly - It just took me a while to realise it!!
By
Leon, on 24 June, 2005 23:58
Post a Comment
<< Home