"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Monday, July 11, 2005

Catch up on a Mixed Week

Sorry that I have been so quiet folks, but it's been a busy week with one thing and another, and access to the PC for any length of time has been .... errrr... Difficult..!! So I'll have to give you a brief run down of the last week, and try to get back to something resembling normal service soon

Monday

Working - Well kind of.. It was one of those Study Days that are aimed at new staff, and the vast majority of the sessions were aimed at newly qualified staff and those who had not worked in ICU before..

Not me then..!!! SO I got to go and play in the library for a bit and ended up with a very short day :o)

Ran to work and Back too - and the numbers looked like this

Morning Run
Distance:- 3.27 Miles
Time:- 25:22
Pace:- 7:46 min/mile
AvHR:- 165 bpm

Mile1230.27Run
Pace7:297:447:578:107:46
AvHR154171171170165


Afternoon Run
Distance:- 3.11 Miles
Time:- 22:57
Pace:- 7:22 min/mile
AvHR:- 170 bpm


Mile1230.11Run
Pace7:217:147:178:107:22
AvHR159175177179170

Tuesday

Quite a reasonable busy work day today - got to meet loads more people, but I'm going to struggle for a good while yet with actually remembering what people are called!!! There are SO many staff!!!
A couple of reasonable runs either side of the working thing!!!

Morning Run

Distance:- 3.11 Miles
Time:- 25:56
Pace:- 7:46 min/mile
AvHR:- 167 bpm


Mile1230.27Run
Pace8:007:447:507:377:46
AvHR157163164
16716


Afternoon Run

Distance:- 3.27 Miles
Time:- 24:03
Pace:- 7:21 min/mile
AvHR:- 165

Sadly - Garmin battery ran out after 3 mins (I'd left it on in my locker - Foolish boy!!!!)

Wednesday

Overslept - Bah!!!!

Which meant I had to take the car in in stead of the usual run to work. Proper work Day!! - In that I was on the unit all day. The plan was to take a patient back from theatre - but it didn't quite work out that way - We were expecting 6 surgical admissions - of which just two actually came to us. That's a Good Thing really, as it meant that the patients did not actually need our services. But it did make for a relatively quiet day. On the other hand I got talking to one of the blokes who works on the unit, and it turns out that he is a bit of a climber.

Did I ever tell you that one of my many pastimes was rock-climbing..?
Hmmm...
Well it was - and it was something I used to really enjoy. So I might just get the chance to start that up again on an occasional basis. If nothing else, it'll give me something to do, and someone to do it with. You see, I really haven't met many people yet - and it is a rather lonely existence being alone with very few people to interact with. It's fortunate that I have a couple of very close friends in the area - because, although I DO like my solitude, the truth is that I am a social creature, and the company of people is very important to me!!

Thursday

The Day from hell

London bombing
A very sad death
A monumental loss suffered by one of my closest friends

It was a very late night - I got hardly any sleep - this was a sad day

Friday

Wandered around fairly zombie-like in the morning, felt really sad and a little overwhelmed by the events that were happening around me. I phoned a friend which was rally helpful. The remainder of the day was a bit hazy - got to bed late again.

Saturday & Sunday

Travelled down to Wales to see my children. It was my weekend to see them, but it was the School Fair and Mr Speedy's birthday on Sunday.
It was SOOOOO hot at the school, and the vast majority of the parents, most of whom knew me - made a great effort to make me feel like an outcast. The studious avoidance of eye-contact was plain to see, and only one - yes ONE - of the people who I might have been able to call a friend from when I was living there, came and sat down to talk to me!!! Even instigating interactions with people was met with uncomfortable shuffling and moving away at the first possible opportunity. To be fair, though, most of the people I knew well were busy organising and running stalls... but even so!!!!!

Mr Speedy had 4 friends to stay at the house for a 'sleep-over' for his birthday - so the children were very 'occupied for the whole day. They had a good time however, and it was rather nice that I wasn't invisible to them too!!!
The sleep-over
gang didn't get to sleep until the early hours, and yet were awake at the crack of silly o'clock to get on with the Present-Opening thing!!!!!

We went to the local park to play some 'baseball' (Mr Speedy's present from me!!!) which was very enjoyable - and incredibly hot!!!!! Then the kids all went to paddle in the river, before going back for some lunch. After lunch the extra kids went their separate ways - DVD's were requested and Mr Speedy promptly went to sleep!!!!!! for 4 hours !!!!!!
The best part of the Weekend followed - playing with all of the kids in turn - messing about really - I went with Mr Speedy back down to the park on his own to hit a baseball about for a bit - watched DVD with L'il Prof and had a long 'chat' with him - and Princess wanted to be an aeroplane for a while. It's so nice to just spend time with the kids do 'Dad' stuff. Play, chat, hugs, kisses... all the things that
show the children that you love them and that they are the centre of your universe. So - being with the children was great. The rest of it was not, as my closest friends already know.

Needless to say - I shall not be subjecting myself again to the Sh*t that supposedly mature adults threw at me this weekend. If I can possibly help it!!

It's ironic that I was in fact treated with more respect and decency on my return than I had been in the previous 36 hours. To my friends, whose ears I bent this weekend, thankyou for your kindness, objectivity and support. Oh and it would appear that one of you is my "new girlfriend" - such is the judgment made of me with regard to a few texts and a phone call!!

So - who is it then...????

;o)



8 Comments:

  • Welcome back!

    more funny fonts I see!!

    By Blogger beanz, on 11 July, 2005 22:27  

  • Well - one has to play :-D

    By Blogger Leon, on 11 July, 2005 22:35  

  • At least it sounds like you are settling in to your new job and that your running is going well. It's good that you can fit it in around work.

    Sorry to read about your bad days.


    There are always 2 sides to every story. Sounds like people were pretty busy, maybe they didn't have time to talk or didn't know what to say, maybe others had other things on their minds, did you try and talk to them?. It's always difficult when people break up, maybe your expectations of people are a bit high, were many of them close friends or just aquaintances? or were they more your ex's friends, people tend to stay loyal to the person they know best.
    When I split up with my ex, he wanted to be friends but I couldn't cope with that, too much heartache, just brought back too many memories, 5 minutes in the same room and we would be fighting, if we could have been friends we wouldn't have split up and we certainly couldn't have spent a weekend together, just because you are ok with it all, doesn't mean they have to be!! Sounds like it's all too new and there's still too much pain there, but that's just my opinion. Maybe it will get better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 11 July, 2005 22:36  

  • yes well
    Now you know where you are

    and the cards are on the table



    Now limit the damage
    sometimes you have to harden your heart

    But dont get bitter
    that wouldnt be you
    xxxxxxxxx

    By Blogger b-z, on 11 July, 2005 23:25  

  • climbing sounds like an excellent idea

    running is a great way to mull over the things that are niggling away at the edges of your thoughts

    climbing seems to require such focused concentration that the niggling worries take a complete back seat and maybe sort themselves out whilst you're not looking


    [said she who has no head for heights and gave up climbing after being dropped 6 feet by a sixth former on a climbing wall!]

    By Blogger beanz, on 11 July, 2005 23:42  

  • anoymous poster

    Who are you..?

    Please identify youself
    :o(

    By Blogger Leon, on 12 July, 2005 09:29  

  • Just someone passing through. Found your blog by accident, it had an interesting title so I read it. I don't usually comment but it sounded so angry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 12 July, 2005 09:48  

  • Angry..?
    Not really - disappointed certainly.
    I would like to think that people would treat others in the way in which they would want to be treated themselves.
    And I doubt that many people would have wanted for themselves that which I experienced.
    It wasn't all bad - don't get me wrong, but there was no 'balance'

    By Blogger Leon, on 12 July, 2005 13:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home