"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tuesday - A New Start!!

So the first thought as I woke at 05:00 that went through my mind..

"......WHAT Time....??????"

Well that's the joys of the shortest Day and having no curtainsI suppose...!!
And the next thought..?
It's nice and cool - no-one about (pretty much) - I know, I used to be a runner once upon a time, I could give that a go
I just looked back and the last time I ran was.....





May 16th




That is a Bad Thing

So discovery No1. today was - I'm am not very fit!!!! Hardly surprising really, and I've got a lot of work to do if I'm seriously going to try for a 3:15 at FLM next year!!!

So here's the sorry tale...



Mile 1 2 3 Run
Pace 8:08 8:33 9:10 8:35
AvHR 156 168 170 166




See what I mean - and I ran so that, if I'd had someone to run with (which I haven't :o( ) I'd have been able to talk to them all the way around - and I tell you what, the Park that is on my doorstep is a real treat - its got a farm with a stables - loads of open space AND a great play space for the children when they come up to stay!!!!

Right - today is Organisation Day - Anyone out there know this area well - a few general pointers would be helpful..!!!!!???

Right - I'm going to bury myself in the 'Thompson' and try and find out where the 'essential' places are..

........I may be some time

;o)

21:00 Edit

Met 'Jakesy' at Liverpool RC for their Tuesday night session..
"Come along with us and see how you get on..." he said

..I didn't spot the 'glint' in his eye!!!!!

So what did they have planned....??
8 X 800m efforts with a 10 minute 'rest' in between

...by rest they meant - play British Bulldog!!!!
and then do a 'short' sprint session...


Oh My God.............

I have NEVER worked so hard in all my life - and I even out my sensible head on and dropped out of the second set of 800's

No point in getting injured now is there!!!!!!

I have NO doubt that if I stick with these Guys that my running will improve beyond all recognition..
What tonight showed me was that I have some pretty notable speed and I just need to build up the foundation fitness

Hmmm......... Does that sound familiar to anyone?


AN so to the 'other thing that happened today.
Please please please remind me NOT to listen to the advice of someone who has no idea what they are talking about again - EVER

I knew that this month was going to be financially difficult - finishing work shy opf a complete month etc etc etc
'Someone' convinced me that it would be seamless and no problem - and I STUPIDLY listened and believed them

What an idiot...

I have been paid £300 LESS than I had been getting normally

£300

I'm in real trouble this month now - I have -£40 to live on once all my regular outgoings have out-gone

:o(

6 Comments:

  • excellent - back on track!

    so didn't chat all the way round then anyway?

    By Blogger beanz, on 21 June, 2005 10:16  

  • Well come home mate!
    I like running alone - it's my time and I can think things and work stuff out or just watch the world go by!
    take sunday as an example - I realised just what a C**P runner my shadow was and despite me giving it plenty of advice it got no better!

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 21 June, 2005 20:22  

  • excellent session - and even used sensible head :>))

    as for the other thing - trouble is how do we know who knows what they are talking about?

    By Blogger beanz, on 21 June, 2005 21:19  

  • Good to see you back on track with your running,you'll soon catch up with the others. So are you going to run the London next year? Might see you there.

    So what could you have done anyway with regard to the finances, even if you had known things were going to be tough financially you would still be in the same position! We all listen to others in the hope things will work out sometimes, not sure you can blame someone else for your situation, I'm sure they were just trying to help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 21 June, 2005 22:22  

  • Impressive session 8 * 800m, especially as you'd been out for a plod in the morning. What were the splits like?

    By Blogger RobW, on 21 June, 2005 22:36  

  • that it then?

    two runs and you're finished?


    beanz ;>)

    By Blogger beanz, on 23 June, 2005 10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home