"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tuesday - Work has begun

The funny thing about starting a new job - is that you know that the first few days, and sometimes weeks, are always going to to be spent finding your feet and jumping through the various 'mandatory' hoops before you can actually get on and do that which you are actually employed to do..!!
And my new job is no different..
The people seem great and I have not changed my view in the slightest that this was absolutely the right thing to do in my work life. And the job itself is going to provide me with the development opportunities and challenges that I had hoped for.
.and I found out today that 2 colleagues that I had worked with previously are also working here!!!!!
How cool is that.
yesterday was a 'bitty' day. It was mostly spent organising the various study days that I have to attend, arranging annual leave, and most importantly, finding out how to request 'Off-Duty'!!!!!!!
I was also allowed to leave early which gave me the opportunity to spend a short time with a friend before I trundled home; spoke to another friend, and then went to bed for an 'early' night..

...so that I could get up early and

Run To Work...

I am hoping this will become a regular feature - as it will really help with getting the miles in for my marathon training!!!!!
This morning was supposed to be 3 miles, but turned into 4 because the way I wanted to go (through the park) presented me with a ocked gate at 0.5 miles, so I had to double back - and it meant I was a lot later than I wanted to be, so I ran faster than I had planned..

Distance:- 4.14 Miles
Pace:- 7:21 min/mile
AvHR:- 167

Mile
1
2
3
4
0.14
Run
Pace
6:24
7:55
7:33
7:29
7:38
7:21
AvHR
160
165
171
174
175
167

Ahhh... the joy of being able to shower at work - never had THAT luxury before.


The run back after work was shorter - no going up blind alleys or the like, I stuck to the roads and knew where I was going....

And it went like this....

Distance:- 3.27 Miles
Pace:- 7:38 min/mile
AvHR:- 163bpm

Mile
1
2
3
0.27
Run
Pace
7:40
7:31
7:38
7:55
7:38
AvHR
151
165
170
172
163

OK - so it was a bit quick and it was SOOOO warm (Thunder and lightning starting as I write!!) and the HR drifted up a bit much..
but here is the point...


It was fun..!!!

Even wearing a small rucsac..

6 Comments:

  • Good Man! Get the priorities right

    How do I get leave?
    What's the best running route? and
    Where are the showers?

    Wish you well.

    By Blogger RobW, on 28 June, 2005 23:22  

  • a "bit" quick???

    gah!

    By Blogger b-z, on 29 June, 2005 06:30  

  • brilliant to hear you so positive
    just take it easy with running twice a day we know what you are like!
    I assume the shower does ice cold seeing as Rob's mate can't visit with ice cubes!

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 29 June, 2005 08:14  

  • Its a nice easy and flat (well undulating in a 'pancake' kind of way).. and as it's only a short run, whic I'm starting to get used to, I think that the twice a day thing should not be too much of a problem - and it means that I'll get in 18 mile every week without even trying - Well - when I'm on 'days' that is!!!

    Best watch I don't get too 'obsessional' though...






    ..what..?




    ;o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 29 June, 2005 21:38  

  • Lost your website there for awhile....but found you via Pixie. Congrats on new job and sounds like things have got to a good start. Glad the people you know from your old job are actually people you like...can you imagine...:-)

    Running coming along too. Good good all round.

    By Blogger Unknown, on 30 June, 2005 20:49  

  • Hi Michelle - long time no see!
    Yup - things are looking up, it hasn't been an easy ride of late, but I guess that's life sometimee eh..!!
    Nice to see you here though...
    :-)

    By Blogger Leon, on 01 July, 2005 09:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home