Wednesday - Loosener (run that is..!!)
And Then .....
So a hard Club session (harder than I've experienced before) yesterday - and I woke and was surprised to find that there wasn't stiffness in my legs.
"Excellent," thought I, "I'll pop out for a bit of a loosener in a bit just to keep my legs turning over..."
Oh how I laughed when I started out on my little ploddette to find that not only were my legs stiff - but they hardly worked at all!!!!
OK - so it wasn't quite that bad, but I had realised that a 6 week lay off wasn't going to have no effect on my general condition..
On the other hand, it was great just to be able to get out for a run..!!
A SLOW run..
:o)
Here it is:-
I'm not convinced that Miles 1 and 2 are right - it was much more even paced that that - but I was under the trees for much of the time and Mr Garmin wasn't a happy bunny
It felt more like a fairly even 9 ish min/mile pace and I was aiming for a HR of around 165
So - the average for the run was right! That's something I suppose
Of course I didn't help myself - I went out at about midday!!!!!!
[shakes head]
and it was a bit err.. WAAAAAARM.
And I have made a startling discovery - Merseyside cold water is MUCH warmer than Welsh cold water - I SO need an Ice box and some ice for the reparation of abused legs!!!!!!!!!!!
And Then....
(c'mon - you knew I'd get to it eventually!!)
I had the most pleasant afternoon and evening.
Talking - laughing - putting the world to rights - rearranging rooms - and creating a much needed space by taking away some furniture that I really need!!! - and ending up with a lot more than I had expected!!
To relax and just *be* in the company of a close friend is such a privilege.
Ahh -" the point" (close friends - you know what I mean!!!)
:-D
The light just came on in my Little Brain!!!!
"Excellent," thought I, "I'll pop out for a bit of a loosener in a bit just to keep my legs turning over..."
Oh how I laughed when I started out on my little ploddette to find that not only were my legs stiff - but they hardly worked at all!!!!
OK - so it wasn't quite that bad, but I had realised that a 6 week lay off wasn't going to have no effect on my general condition..
On the other hand, it was great just to be able to get out for a run..!!
A SLOW run..
:o)
Here it is:-
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | .92 | Run | |
| Pace | 10:16 | 7:52 | 8:53 | 9:03 | 9:02 | |
| AvHR | 160 | 172 | 162 | 171 | 165 |
I'm not convinced that Miles 1 and 2 are right - it was much more even paced that that - but I was under the trees for much of the time and Mr Garmin wasn't a happy bunny
It felt more like a fairly even 9 ish min/mile pace and I was aiming for a HR of around 165
So - the average for the run was right! That's something I suppose
Of course I didn't help myself - I went out at about midday!!!!!!
[shakes head]
and it was a bit err.. WAAAAAARM.
And I have made a startling discovery - Merseyside cold water is MUCH warmer than Welsh cold water - I SO need an Ice box and some ice for the reparation of abused legs!!!!!!!!!!!
And Then....
(c'mon - you knew I'd get to it eventually!!)
I had the most pleasant afternoon and evening.
Talking - laughing - putting the world to rights - rearranging rooms - and creating a much needed space by taking away some furniture that I really need!!! - and ending up with a lot more than I had expected!!
To relax and just *be* in the company of a close friend is such a privilege.
Ahh -" the point" (close friends - you know what I mean!!!)
:-D
The light just came on in my Little Brain!!!!


6 Comments:
so a good day
good news :>)
By
beanz, on 23 June, 2005 12:27
GIOVANNI!! - You have a delivery to make in Liverpool.
{Giovanni drives past in a articulated freezer lorry with a huge evil grin on his face}
By
RobW, on 23 June, 2005 16:32
erm 'scuse me Rob I think this could be case of pots and kettles
GIOVANNI!!
Make sure you do that drop in Hampshire first!!
By
beanz, on 23 June, 2005 17:53
Oh no Beanz - Leon definitely WANTED the ice bath its just the water wasn't cold enough, Giovanni is only going to delivery the ice.
By
RobW, on 23 June, 2005 21:29
mmm
so Giovanni, please deliver robs with a bath so he can chill before he drips into the house.
By
beanz, on 23 June, 2005 22:33
"Giovanni - All right old friend, whatcha doin' here..?
What's this..? Sign a delivery note...?
From RobW....?
A lorry load of ice..!!
Excellent.
Right - on your way - Oh and when you see RobW, Give him a really big - Giovanni 'Hug' for me....."
;o)
By
Leon, on 24 June, 2005 08:52
Post a Comment
<< Home