"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Monday, June 20, 2005

Monday - Hello Liverpool

Yep - it's real.
With all the money shenanigans of Saturday behind me - and having sweated ay least a stone off me packing the car yesterday.. I had hoped for a nice easy smooth simple day today..
..and I got it!!!

:o)

I left Wales just after 7am just in case I hit traffic - or if there was a problem with the building society - and to allow myself to just 'potter' the 117 miles (according to my somewhat pedantic Dad when it comes to stuff like that!!) in a seriously overloaded little 'Tractor-Car'. I don't like to be late for things either - and have this annoying habit of arriving place "in plenty of time"...!!
And so I arrived at the Building Society at 9:30

:o

Sorting a Building Society Cheque was simplicity itself - put hastily-gathered-together cash into account - ask for cheque

Tick!! Done!!

So I rang the property management people and asked if it was OK for me to come a bit early.
..and by 10:30 I had the keys!!!!!!

The house needed good airing!!!!!! So did that!!!
So I got busy with the essentials - find the Kettle - Yep

Call BT and get the phone connected - Done - and it was connected in less than an hour!!!!!
Let my friends and family know my new phone number (well as many as I could at that moment!)
Order Broadband - Hmm - can't do that until Wednesday apparently, because the system doesn't recognise the fact that my line is live
[tsk - Rolls eyes]
Blow up Air mattress and make bed - Sorted
Make up little table to put computer on !!!!!!!
Find CD's and put on some music.....

Then Dad arrived with the rest of my belongings which are 'carefully' placed in the living room!!!!
He stayed for a while had some coffee and that went on up to my sisters... and he'll call back in on the way back to Wales for another stop off..!

Then a couple of phone calls from friends to welcome me and to have a chat... and text messages too.
I've said it before and I shall say it again - I have fantastic friends!!!!!

Now it's getting a bit late- and I haven't eaten - I haven't got any food - and I have no idea where anything is around here..
I'll get the chance to explore tomorrow and orientate myself to the area I guess and I'm planning to go to the running club too
:o)
In the meantime - I do have dial-up so I can post here, and email...
....can't wait for a proper connection to be sorted.
Ah well - I'l have to be patient I suppose!!!!!!

Later folks

9 Comments:

  • ooooh
    make sure you get summat nice for tea


    when does theactual job start

    By Blogger b-z, on 20 June, 2005 19:53  

  • Job starts next Monday (27th)
    So - plenty of time to find my way around the area..
    and get a few essentials so that I don't feel like I'm camping

    ;o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 20 June, 2005 20:11  

  • so have you unpacked your running kit?

    By Blogger beanz, on 20 June, 2005 20:14  

  • Yep

    :-D

    It's raring to go - and I might just pop out in the early morning to make sure I can still remember what to do!!!!!

    By Blogger Leon, on 20 June, 2005 20:17  

  • oh good :>)

    looking forward to running reports then

    not that I want to be seen to be encouraging you to do more than your body is telling you!

    By Blogger beanz, on 20 June, 2005 21:28  

  • What.....?


    ME.......?


    Do too much....?


    As if.....!!!!!

    ;o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 20 June, 2005 21:33  

  • No broadband? Tsk tsk. Here's to a good week settling in before the next round of excitement on Monday. Too much fun not good for a person of your age ;o)

    Well done, Leon.

    Womble

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 21 June, 2005 01:53  

  • Did you have the traditional "just moved in" tea of fish and chips from the local chippie?

    Going for a gentle plod is a good way of finding out what's in the area.

    By Blogger RobW, on 21 June, 2005 09:04  

  • Tea was Tesco's Red Thai Chicken Curry

    ..so almost as bad :-D

    ..and the gentle plod thing - tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Leon, on 21 June, 2005 09:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home