"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday - End of an era....
Deep Breath....
New One Starts :o)

Interesting day yesterday!!!!
A letter had been sat at my 'old' address for a week - and had been opened by 'accident'
It was from the rental guys who I'm renting my house from in Liverpool. I'd asked if there was anything important contained in it - and was told that it just said what the rent and deposit were (information that I already knew)
So I went down yesterday before work to see the children - they were being taken to their Grandparents that evening which meant that I wouldn't see them on Fathers Day

:o(

Interestingly, said letter had some important information about the way in which I have to pay said money. I need a bankers draft!!

OK - so if I'd known that a week ago (almost) - I could have made arrangements to ensure that I had sufficient funds in my account, and sorted it out in a nice relaxed fashion.
But on the Saturday, at 16:30, before the Monday that I'm supposed to move in, which is also a day before payday - with insufficient funds in my account.......?????

Have to say - I didn't need that really.......

Phoned the bank - they wouldn't give me an extended overdraft for, effectively, 1 Day
:o(
Fortunately I will be able to scrape together enough to still do this tomorrow and return borrowed pennies on Tuesday once I've been paid
*Phew*

And so to my last night at work.....
It reminded me just why a move is the right thing to do..
Nice group of staff on ..... that was a real bonus
Two patients who were not really in need of our level of care..
And almost nothing to do for almost the whole night - apart from an hour which rather inconveniently interrupted a conversation I was having with a close friend....



:o




....what..?



Those who are unfortunate enough to have experienced working night shifts will know exactly what I mean when I say that 12 hours can seem like a lifetime..

Last night was one of those - and when there is genuinely nothing to do - it is really hard work!!!!!!

It was broken up with a (very) late take away meal for us all - there are benefits to leaving it would seem as it was the Sister on with me who suggested it !!! - and one of the staff had brought in some other munchies and fruit too.

Even the Registrar on for the night had brought something.....

[Thud]

.......and......


I was let off early at 7am

:o)

Then the morning started to improve sigificantly

A "Happy Fathers Day" text from a close friend

Then one from Mr Speedy - "Happy fathers day love u"
Then just after I arrived at Mum's, a phone call from L'il Professor too (plus I spoke to Mr Speedy - Princess was 'very busy with the flowers' I heard her say in the background!!!!!! :o) )

And so to today - I'll need a short sleep - and then I'm packing up the car for The Big Move in the morning.

Dad is helping too - although he won't be leaving at the crack of stupid o'clock like me - sensible man!!
So he'll be bringing Phase 2 of my paltry belongings!!!!
Why the need for two cars..?
Have you seen the size of the Leon-mobile Tractor Car.???????
's a bit tiny !!!!!!!

16:45 edit
OK - so everything that I own - well everything that I own that was at Mum's is now packed into the car..
It only took 2 hours and it has to be a zillion degrees today - with a humidity of at least 300% !!!!!

Just moving made me over heat - so hammering up and down 2 storeys with bags and cases and assorted sundry items was a bit - errr - sweaty!
Imagine what it must have been like for everyone racing today - unbelievably
uncomfortable I shouldn't wonder.. It'll be interesting to see what the race reports have to say!!!!
I must admit though - I'm glad I wasn't out there today - racing that is!!!!
Still - the return to running will begin in earnest next week..!!!

I'm not sure if there is even a phone line connected to the house yet - and internet access is going to take a little while too..

Dad is making tea this evening - so that'll make a change
:o)

So - need to get up early tomorrow to do some money sorting out before (hopefully) getting the keys to the house..
One day where everything goes smoothly would be nice - and tomorrow would be good...!!!!

I'm getting quite excited about it now.
:-D

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home