Wednesday - Club Run
Hee Hee
I told a good friend of mine that this was my recovery run...
Well, it was the first run since Sunday, and so I suppose it should have been really, but my effort session is the one I do at Club, with the rest of my miles being longish and slowish at the moment!!
So a quicker session it was to be then..
A group of 6 of the 'faster' lot set out - and we'd planned to do about 9 miles. and as it's getting lighter in the evenings, we are using the Park more often (until people get bored of the same routes again that is!!!!)
Were taken across the Park a different way for a change, which actually made the run slightly shorter than the almost-equivalent one I did last week.
The pace was - 'sporting' - and it felt good to be running pretty freely, just a bit of residual "I ran 21 miles on Sunday, you know" feeling in my quads (not had that before!).
And I was feeling pretty strong all the way round too.
Still a bit concerned about my feet - shoes are making them hurt quite a bit - Medial Arch is the problem - Right foot more than Left. Still not an injury, so I'm going to have to find some shoes pretty smartish that are comfortable to run in.
Went to spend some time with my Training Partner Lady after club too. She's not been well this week, and so running has been off the agenda - much to her consternation!!!!
So the numbers looked a bit like this:
Distance: 8.86 Miles
Time: 1:03:48
Pace: 7:12
AvHR: 168


I told a good friend of mine that this was my recovery run...
Well, it was the first run since Sunday, and so I suppose it should have been really, but my effort session is the one I do at Club, with the rest of my miles being longish and slowish at the moment!!
So a quicker session it was to be then..
A group of 6 of the 'faster' lot set out - and we'd planned to do about 9 miles. and as it's getting lighter in the evenings, we are using the Park more often (until people get bored of the same routes again that is!!!!)
Were taken across the Park a different way for a change, which actually made the run slightly shorter than the almost-equivalent one I did last week.
The pace was - 'sporting' - and it felt good to be running pretty freely, just a bit of residual "I ran 21 miles on Sunday, you know" feeling in my quads (not had that before!).
And I was feeling pretty strong all the way round too.
Still a bit concerned about my feet - shoes are making them hurt quite a bit - Medial Arch is the problem - Right foot more than Left. Still not an injury, so I'm going to have to find some shoes pretty smartish that are comfortable to run in.
Went to spend some time with my Training Partner Lady after club too. She's not been well this week, and so running has been off the agenda - much to her consternation!!!!
So the numbers looked a bit like this:
Distance: 8.86 Miles
Time: 1:03:48
Pace: 7:12
AvHR: 168
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR | MaxHR |
| 1 | 7:31 | 7:31 | 141 | 159 |
| 2 | 7:17 | 14:48 | 162 | 169 |
| 3 | 7:22 | 22:11 | 170 | 178 |
| 4 | 7:30 | 29:41 | 169 | 176 |
| 5 | 7:06 | 36:47 | 164 | 171 |
| 6 | 7:23 | 44:09 | 169 | 175 |
| 7 | 6:58 | 51:07 | 177 | 182 |
| 8 | 6:58 | 58:05 | 178 | 182 |
| 0.88 | 6:36 | 1:03:48 | 185 | 191 |
| Run | 7:12 | 1:03:48 | 168 | 191 |




7 Comments:
6.58, 6.58, 6.36??????
[thud]
By
womble, on 30 March, 2006 22:40
what Laura said.
(no point in saying it again)
By
Cath Delaney, on 31 March, 2006 08:55
It's ok, we have a plan for the last 3 weeks :o)
By
Anonymous, on 31 March, 2006 13:58
Umm isn't 4 weeks to go supposed to be the taper period?
I think you should stick with the shoes you have now, with 3 weeks left you'd be taking a BIG gamble. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"
By
RobW, on 31 March, 2006 22:39
I'm planning to use the shoes I know for the marathon - was just saying that I need to do something about them, because they are starting to cause me a problem!
One long run left to do on Wednesday and then a demon taper
..and we'll see how it goes
:o)
By
Leon, on 01 April, 2006 11:36
mm tapering - scary
By
beanz, on 01 April, 2006 21:27
so is htis taper so tapered that you have not run since?
By
beanz, on 10 April, 2006 19:47
Post a Comment
<< Home