Wednesday - Doubles
Oh yes indeed..!!!!
Got the training bug back... funny how that happens when you get to the point when you thought you'd completely lost it!!!
So - 'persuaded' Karen to pop out for a quickie this afternoon..
and Ms Womble - she said yes..!!!!!
...then we'll go to Club tonight for a slightly more strenuous effort this evening - and stay there for some food and rehydration....
I'm in training, me..!!
So Run-type-thing Numero Uno went like this:
5.35 Miles
49:38
9:18min/mile
143 bpm (AvHR)

Club Run edit

Got the training bug back... funny how that happens when you get to the point when you thought you'd completely lost it!!!
So - 'persuaded' Karen to pop out for a quickie this afternoon..
and Ms Womble - she said yes..!!!!!
...then we'll go to Club tonight for a slightly more strenuous effort this evening - and stay there for some food and rehydration....
I'm in training, me..!!
So Run-type-thing Numero Uno went like this:
5.35 Miles
49:38
9:18min/mile
143 bpm (AvHR)

| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 9:19 | 9:19 | 128 |
| 2 | 9:30 | 18:49 | 144 |
| 3 | 9:20 | 28:10 | 141 |
| 4 | 9:23 | 37:34 | 147 |
| 5 | 9:05 | 46:39 | 150 |
| 0.35 | 8:53 | 49:48 | 157 |
| 5.35 | 9:18 | 49:48 | 143 |
Club Run edit
Hill Reps for me tonight then - wasn't really expecting that, but I thought "What the heck - Hills is good..!!"
So there was a warm up plod to the "hill" and the plan was for the fitter stronger boys to do 7 reps, and the rest to do what they could
Blinking long hill it was too - not particularly steep - so in some ways a bit of a sort of tempo/hill/sprint session really
A couple of things of note... my hamstring complains lesss when I'm working it hard..
my left knee is tracking differently since I had my muscles freed up, and I'm hoping it'll settle down, because it was a little tender by the time I got back, although it seems OK now...
And I was Mr Sensible and pulled out at 6 reps - didn't want to do anything silly really
:o)
So -
Total distance 5.2 Miles
Total time 52:30 (including rests/stretching before and after hill reps)
Average Pace 8:39min/mile (excluding stops)
AvHR : 159 bpm (for the entire session)
So there was a warm up plod to the "hill" and the plan was for the fitter stronger boys to do 7 reps, and the rest to do what they could
Blinking long hill it was too - not particularly steep - so in some ways a bit of a sort of tempo/hill/sprint session really
A couple of things of note... my hamstring complains lesss when I'm working it hard..
my left knee is tracking differently since I had my muscles freed up, and I'm hoping it'll settle down, because it was a little tender by the time I got back, although it seems OK now...
And I was Mr Sensible and pulled out at 6 reps - didn't want to do anything silly really
:o)
So -
Total distance 5.2 Miles
Total time 52:30 (including rests/stretching before and after hill reps)
Average Pace 8:39min/mile (excluding stops)
AvHR : 159 bpm (for the entire session)

| What | Distance | Time | Pace | AvHR |
| Warm Up | 0.85 | 8:14 | 9:09 | 159 |
| Rest | . | 4:47 | . | 123 |
| Hill1 | 0.285 | 1:55 | 6:43 | 165 |
| Recovery + Hill 2 | 0.586 | 4:05 | 6:58 | 172 |
| Recovery +Hill 3 | 0.586 | 4:32 | 7:45 | 174 |
| Recovery + Hill 4 | 0.5865 | 4:37 | 7:53 | 174 |
| Recovery + Hill 5 | 0.586 | 4:45 | 8:07 | 175 |
| Recovery + Hill 6 | 0.586 | 4:42 | 8:02 | 177 |
| Rest and stretch | . | 6:03 | . | 132 |
| Warm down | 1 | 8:37 | 8:37 | 162 |


2 Comments:
Mr Sensible ,.... wow I am impressed!
By
Evil Pixie, on 12 January, 2006 11:51
Imagine that Pix - Could I be learning the lessons of the past..??
That won't do..!!
;o)
By
Leon, on 12 January, 2006 23:43
Post a Comment
<< Home