Pops Report on Desk
(Gives 'Miss' an apple) ;o)
As promised - a run before sleep
This followed a good chat with a friend about something that has been on my mind for the past 24 hours or so - and it was really good to have someone elses perspective on it... and that followed the conversations I had had through various media during the evening too.
Also - Karen was at her uncle's funeral - and as I couldn't be there - I wanted to spend some quiet mind clearing space out running...
I decided to make it a tempo session - well, run reasonably quickly session... because when I run that way - there is no space in my head for any rubbish. And it always feels like I have acheived something - and the mind is always a bit clearer when I return.
This was a Good One
I couldn't have gone any faster today - but it was fast enough to run freely and loosen up all the little tensions that had accumulated in my legs - and elsewhere.
THIS is one of the main reasons that I run
The numbers look like this
Distance: 5.32 miles
Time: 38:50
Pace: 7:17 min/mile
AvHR: 167 (Max 184)
The detail..
This followed a good chat with a friend about something that has been on my mind for the past 24 hours or so - and it was really good to have someone elses perspective on it... and that followed the conversations I had had through various media during the evening too.
Also - Karen was at her uncle's funeral - and as I couldn't be there - I wanted to spend some quiet mind clearing space out running...
I decided to make it a tempo session - well, run reasonably quickly session... because when I run that way - there is no space in my head for any rubbish. And it always feels like I have acheived something - and the mind is always a bit clearer when I return.
This was a Good One
I couldn't have gone any faster today - but it was fast enough to run freely and loosen up all the little tensions that had accumulated in my legs - and elsewhere.
THIS is one of the main reasons that I run
The numbers look like this
Distance: 5.32 miles
Time: 38:50
Pace: 7:17 min/mile
AvHR: 167 (Max 184)
The detail..
| Mile | Pace | Time | AvHR |
| 1 | 7:54 | 7:54 | 148 |
| 2 | 7:33 | 15:28 | 167 |
| 3 | 7:10 | 22:38 | 170 |
| 4 | 7:18 | 29:56 | 174 |
| 5 | 6:58 | 36:55 | 176 |
| 0.32 | 6:36 | 39:02 | 182 |
| 5.32 | 7:17 | 39:02 | 167 |


9 Comments:
good 'plod'!!
xx
By
beanz, on 13 January, 2006 12:15
[sticks gold star on report and draws smiley face]
well done!
Now can you change the apple for a bar of choc please?!!!
By
Evil Pixie, on 13 January, 2006 14:03
It felt good Beanz - It's been a while since I lost myself in a run like that..
Oooh look a Gold Star
:-D
[whispers]
("It's on your blog Pix")
By
Leon, on 13 January, 2006 17:43
[Ahem] PIX put that chocolate down now and eat this apple!!!!!!!!
By
womble, on 13 January, 2006 22:43
Thats quick!
Think you deserve the chocolate - oh I see womble's nicked it from Teachers desk. I'm telling
By
RobW, on 13 January, 2006 22:48
so
you have news do you young man?
By
b-z, on 14 January, 2006 09:47
[drops in with MASSIVE grin on face]
She's a lucky womble!
By
Evil Pixie, on 14 January, 2006 21:16
Ruth: Yes Indeedy - I'll email you tomorrow
Pix: :o)))
Wynthorpe: Pace is just pace - Guts and determination such us yours - now that's something of which to to be envious..!!!
Robert and Laura: Thanks Guys
:o)
By
Leon, on 14 January, 2006 22:27
awwwwwwwwww
wipes away tiny tear
By
b-z, on 15 January, 2006 07:13
Post a Comment
<< Home