Sunday - Aren't you supposed to run on Sunday..?
Apparently so.. So that's what is going to happen today!!!
Also have some tidying and re-arranging to do as well - so it will be a bit of a busy day today..L'il Sis is racing again today - another 10 Miler (not sure where) Wouldn't be at all surprised if she gets herself another PB
(Last weeks was 71:40!!)
Methinks that the family ½Marathon PB is going to be obliterated on the Brass Monkey/Helsby Weekend!!!
Post run edit
OK - just to clarify... L'il Sis ran well today, on the back of a hard weeks' training (so no taper and running tired) and managed a 71:47
Damn she's getting good...
...and as she said - she needs to be able to run hard when she's tired, so that she can get through that 20-21 Mile thing at FLM....
Significant tidying and space making has occured today - garage is now a little more functional, replete with functioning 'beer-fridge', and much stuff earmarked for 'Charity Shop/Bin/eBay'
;o)
Oh yes - and we went running too
Distance:- 9.26 Miles (on my Garmin - 9.4 on Wimbly Womble's)
Time:- 89:16
Pace:- 9:39
AvHR:- 153 (74%MHR)
| Mile | Pace | AvHR | Time |
| 1 | 8:55 | 137 | 8:55 |
| 2 | 9:15 | 157 | 18:10 |
| 3 | 9:34 | 152 | 27:43 |
| 4 | 9:51 | 152 | 37:34 |
| 5 | 9:44 | 151 | 47:17 |
| 6 | 9:44 | 155 | 57:01 |
| 7 | 9:48 | 155 | 66:49 |
| 8 | 10:04 | 160 | 76:53 |
| 9 | 9:41 | 156 | 86:34 |
| 0.26 | 10:26 | 159 | 79:15 |
| Run | 9:39 | 153 | 1:29:15 |
Injury update:-
On and off through the run I was feeling a niggle in the area of my upper instep (Right side)
Prodding and poking after stretching seemed to confirm that it wasn't perfect - and brought on a sulky face...
Had a bath - a hot one today!!!! - and it was lots better..
Now a couple of things spring to mind...
New shoes - which were laced a bit tight and had to be loosened at 4.26 Miles (where we had a brief stop)
Not run regularly for more than 3 weeks
I'm 'looking' for a problem and perhaps 'feeling' it when it's not as bad as I think it is...
I think that keeping a close eye would be prudent, but getting my feet used to running again is also a good plan...
On and off through the run I was feeling a niggle in the area of my upper instep (Right side)
Prodding and poking after stretching seemed to confirm that it wasn't perfect - and brought on a sulky face...
Had a bath - a hot one today!!!! - and it was lots better..
Now a couple of things spring to mind...
New shoes - which were laced a bit tight and had to be loosened at 4.26 Miles (where we had a brief stop)
Not run regularly for more than 3 weeks
I'm 'looking' for a problem and perhaps 'feeling' it when it's not as bad as I think it is...
I think that keeping a close eye would be prudent, but getting my feet used to running again is also a good plan...


18 Comments:
you is both clever fast runners so I expect so to!!
now about this running marlarky ... what exactly is it???
PS Porridge is YUCK!
By
Evil Pixie, on 04 December, 2005 14:07
Dunno Pix - I ran a whole 8 miles in November!!!!!
Porridge is yummee
;o)
By
Leon, on 04 December, 2005 14:23
Thanks for welcoming me to blogland.......hope my keeniness both for running and blogging keeps up....
.........careful with the tidying...I've been unpacking all weekend and my run today was hell -aching muscles all over!
Take carex
By
Charlie Chuckles, on 04 December, 2005 14:47
Hi Leon,
thanks for the comment on my blog. Hope your training goes well for FLM, and that your niggling injuries clear up.
By
Leighton, on 04 December, 2005 18:21
"Had a bath - a hot one today!!!"
Wuss.
I'm calling Giovanni.
By
Cath Delaney, on 05 December, 2005 06:53
morning - good run, but take care plenty of time before the BIG one
xx
By
beanz, on 05 December, 2005 07:33
Good on you for getting out.....I remember the days when I could run 9 miles, (sigh, sigh), 3 miles nearly killed me yesterday!
If you are feeling well today do you think you could come round and give my garage (and shed too if you have time) a good sort out?!!!!
It's a proper tip and I would do it myself but I can't be arsed!
By
Charlie Chuckles, on 05 December, 2005 09:47
CC - just because we've had one go at the garage doesn't mean it's finished! It's just better than it was :o)
By
womble, on 05 December, 2005 10:01
Charlie - err, get in the queue Missis. My house/garden/car is first.
;o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 05 December, 2005 10:31
Oh, and what a wuss!!! I think some of these blokey-type 'runners' go looking for twinges and niggles. You know, when he sat there rubbing his foot yesterday, I suddenly realised mine was aching in roughly the same place. I went 'oh yeah, a twinge, it'll go' and THAT WAS IT. Next thing you know he'll be saying he can't run cos his cold sore hurts......
[He's lovely really ;o)]
By
womble, on 05 December, 2005 12:15
Cath - Ain't seen Giovanni for a while. He said he was off to see how cold he could actually get an ice bath. Said something about the North Pole, but thats a bit busy this time of year so i think he went to Antartica instead
By
RobW, on 05 December, 2005 13:55
Wombly -- uh oh... has he got a cold sore..? Oh no.. impending manflu. No chance of him running then..!
By
Cath Delaney, on 05 December, 2005 17:29
Hey Cath - you wanna test that theory..???
Just how far would you like to run - at a nice little plod pace...
Ehh...??!!
Ehh...??!!
How about a 'Social-Recovery' Run
;o)
By
Leon, on 05 December, 2005 21:21
Leon, I ain't drinking at the social and well you know it - so social recovery run will be fine with me.
:op
By
Cath Delaney, on 06 December, 2005 08:51
Excellent
:o)
So 12 miles or so then
Oh no, I know...
That nice 15 mile circuit on the TPT...
Lets do that one
By
Leon, on 06 December, 2005 17:24
Okie dokie.
Whatever you say.
By
Cath Delaney, on 06 December, 2005 18:28
Oh and just in case you wondered that was a "whatever you say" in the rolling-eyes-sarcastic-manner-like way.
15 miles is not a recovery run.
Neither is it wise to run that distance on no training or with a HB of 8.5g/dl
But then again, you already know that. But lets not be mistaken Leon... I'm no wuss and you of all people should know that.
By
Cath Delaney, on 06 December, 2005 19:07
How about he runs and you cycle?
By
womble, on 06 December, 2005 21:06
Post a Comment
<< Home