Monday - 10 Miles - in two bits..
..that'll be it for a while then..
Tuesday - Sleepy Grumpy
Monday:-
Slept in this morning - needed to as I'm on Nights AGAIN this week...
The plan was for a gentle 10 miles - so a run to town to meet up for a lunchtime trog was in order..
I was warned not to run faster on the first bit to make up for running slower later on...
What..??
Me...??
As if....!!
then run to town if a nice 5.88 miles and I had reckoned on it taking 50 minutes - so set off accordingly. As always, I had to pull myself back when running on my own.. I tend to get imperceptibly quicker - something I need to work on!
It started out OK - but by the 4th mile, I was starting to 'feel' my right instep
The last bit of this part of the run was downhill, and the ache seemed to ease off - so maybe it was warming up - or so I thought
Stupid really!!
Had a 20 minute wait before the next bit, and in that time, walking around - foot became stiffer and more sore...
Second part was much gentler - nice easy pace - good company - hurty foot!!!
So it was like this
Part the first:-
Distance:- 5.88 miles
Time:- 48:16
Pace:- 8:12 min/mile
AvHR:- 167bpm
Part the second:-
Distance:- 4.2 Miles
Time:- 50:52
Pace:- 12:06 min/mile
AvHR:- 134bpm
10 miles - check
gently - check
Good Base Building - check
Foot is now officially a worry
Hmmmmmmpfh
Tuesday:-
Sleep and feeling sorry for myself
Two reasons...
Long boring night and I didn't get breaks until VERY late - so got tired and grumpy - and the little mind tends to peruse over things that upset when I'm THAT tired...
and I KNOW I'm not going to be running much, if at all this week.
Roll on Friday I say... 'cos the delectable Womble will be here......
Hmmm......
Smiling just thinking about it
:o)


6 Comments:
[scampers in]
(((((((((Leon)))))))))
(((Leon's foot)))
[scampers out again to do slides for presentation to big boss person this afternoon]
By
womble, on 01 November, 2005 09:03
what wrong with foot now???
I would hug said foot but is it clean?
By
Evil Pixie, on 01 November, 2005 16:38
mmm,
hugging feet, not sure about that
but (((Leon)))
what IS it with this foot?
you need to get it diagnosed
By
beanz, on 01 November, 2005 21:25
So... he says it was a nice run and makes it sound all very easy. It was bloody hard work and murder. I hated every single minute of that run yesterday - well... maybe not the company BUT DEFINITELY the running was shite. The stop off at Ronnie McD's was good though... and the cheer-Cath-up-with-a-McFlurry thing was good
:o)
By
Cath Delaney, on 01 November, 2005 22:47
Beanz:-This is just bruising from my run-limp at Abingdon....
not what I had before thankfully
Cath:- Easy..??? Easy..???
Walked at work only with the aid of Voltarol!!!!!!
That's how "easy" it was!!!!
:-P
By
Leon, on 02 November, 2005 02:18
Is Voltarol a mate of Voldemort?
By
Anonymous, on 02 November, 2005 15:32
Post a Comment
<< Home