"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm still alive!!!! - but been a bit busy!!

Today is day 8 without a run, and it would appear that Mr hurty foot is loads better..

Imagine that - I have ACTUALLY rested an injury..

[sits down in a state of shock]

Thinking around it (as I do) I have come to the conclusion that a quick play with a FootScan machine would be a good idea - and have someone at Sweatshop look at at my foot type and watch me running - and get some new shoes that are flatter in the footbed than the Asics that I've been using up until now..
It's been hard not being able to get out in the crisp morning air, running is my *me* time, and with having done 5 Weeks of Night Shifts over the last 6 weeks - and not had enough sleep in between - the effects of sleep-debt have been a bit nocticeable!!!!
Add to that the niggling bruised instep, and I could have been pretty grumpy..

This weekend just passed was the first one that I've seen my kids for 3 weeks. They are pretty settled these days, and have well and truly made themselves at home.. they really get on well with the larger small people that they share the space with.. and we are all finding our feet which is good..
I have worries about them of course, and interestingly my concerns are slightly different to those of their Mother - just a different perspective I guess.
Next weekend I'll only have the Li'l Prof and Princess, as Mr Speedy wants to go to a party and sleep-over with one of his friends. It'll be strange not having the three of them together, and I'm not quite sure how I'll feel about it. On the one hand, I'm really proud of him for making a decision on his own about what he wanted to do - on the other hand I will REALLY miss not seeing him and having all three together. I guess as they grow up that it will happen more and more, that they choose to do things other than come and see their Dad - part of the natural order of things I suppose..

For anyone who doesn't know yet - I have a new job!!
Back to doing something I really enjoy - in a role that befits my experience - on a unit where I was really happy..
and the Big Move is happening in just over a weeks time

Life is too short...
Make the most of your opportunities..
Life is there to be lived..

Clichés perhaps...

But I don't want to waste a single moment of my life...
Neither should anyone else



7 Comments:

  • Big hugs for you Leon - look slike life is really coming together for you... Positive attitude pays off huh? :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, on 14 November, 2005 11:58  

  • Thanks M..
    Yes it is, and yes it does..

    :o)

    By Blogger Leon, on 14 November, 2005 13:16  

  • [pushes womble to the side]
    Love you Leon! You is a wonderful person!
    MWAH!
    [lets womble move back]

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 14 November, 2005 14:02  

  • [Ahem] Thanks Pix!

    My experience is sometimes the little peeps choose seeing their parent over a party/sleepover/whatever with their friends. Mega opted to see me instead of his mates once and I didn't even know until after the event. He'd decided for himself.

    Of course, there's less food to cook if they don't all come :o)) Not that I've managed to get portion control right yet, although I think I'm getting nearer. As long as the two human hoovers are there it's not too bad..... you'll have to guess who they are!!!!

    Just over a week? Eeeek, must dash!

    By Blogger womble, on 14 November, 2005 16:45  

  • Crikey leon-no i didnt know about the new job
    well done!

    By Blogger b-z, on 14 November, 2005 18:53  

  • ooh, all getting close now!

    xx

    By Blogger beanz, on 16 November, 2005 10:19  

  • Wanting to go stay with a friend is very positive. It shows he is confident enough to know that you will always be there.

    Oh and well done on getting a new job

    By Blogger Highway Kind, on 16 November, 2005 22:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home